New Action File not recognised

Use this forum to discuss the Action Editor and other technical aspects of Bliss.

Moderator: Don

New Action File not recognised

Postby Rabbie Burns » Thu May 03, 2018 1:09 am

Hi

Hoping to get some advice please. I have saved the original Action file and renamed it MyActions.bjf so that I can edit the actions. I know that Dom suggests to delete the files you want to keep but I am happy not to get any updates. I want to create an action file that my wife and I are happy with so no problems about updates.

The issues is that I can edit the file in the Action Editor but when it comes to playing the game, I cannot see that file to select it. The only difference I can see is that the original file is read only and my one isn't and the icon beside the original file is black and the new file is white. I have Bliss installed on a MacBook Air.

Can anybody offer any advice as to why I cannot see the file, and therefore cannot select it as the action for for a game. I have missed a step?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Rabbie Burns

Re: New Action File not recognised

Postby Don » Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:54 pm

The name shown in the list of action files is not the file name but is the name set in the File Description supplied in the Action Editor. Try selecting Edit | File Description from within the action editor, change the name there and then see if it appears.

Thanks,

Don
Don
Super Moderator

Return to Tech Talk