Making Custom Properties

Use this forum to discuss the Action Editor and other technical aspects of Bliss.

Moderator: Don

Making Custom Properties

Postby CamMan » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:46 pm

I noticed that a Bliss user was recently able to create a custom property to use during gameplay. I have wanted to do this for about three years now, and I would love to figure it out. If someone could send a tutorial to me rthat would be awesome. Thanks.
CamMan

Re: Making Custom Properties

Postby g161125 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:57 pm

I have had the same problem. The only one that I know that has been able to do it was the posting on the Exchange. Please help.
g161125

Postby oebart » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:45 am

I think I have figured out to how to do this by searching the forum. It seems to be working properly. I am new to the game so consider this an unofficial guide!

1. Create a custom situation. In the Action Editor go to Custom and select Situations. Enter the name of your new situation/property and the Context and Service fields. Make sure to fill out all of the fields as they get used in the game when a player lands on the property. Something like "Player1 has landed on (Context) owned by Player2. Either pay for (Service) or work."

2. Create actions making sure to select the new situation (at the bottom of the situation list).

3. Create a grayscale image (77px x 77px) for the game square and put it into your custom actions folder.
oebart

Postby CamMan » Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:04 am

Thanks a ton! Turned out to be alot simpler than I thought. Of course, it all made sense when I upgraded my game from 1.5 to 1.6.
I really appreciate the help, thank you so much.
CamMan

Return to Tech Talk