Skins

Use this forum to discuss the Action Editor and other technical aspects of Bliss.

Moderator: Don

Skins

Postby rich4lyn » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:49 am

How do I add skins to the game files. I downloaded shins from the exchange, but they wouldn't load in the game skins menue. I can open the skins one the game but only if I search for downloads in anouther file. I can't seem to transfer them to the bliss game file.
rich4lyn

Re: Skins

Postby giga_watts » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:00 pm

On Windows, you should find the Bliss Installation directory (by default C:\Program Files\Games For Loving\Bliss 1.6) and see a Skins directory/folder. Drop your skin's .BMP file in there and the next time you start Bliss you should see it in the list.

On the Mac you'll need to open Finder, then find the Bliss Application, probably in Applications. Or your thumb drive ;) Now you're going to need to control+click (or right-click) and select Show Contents. Now you can click into Contents/Resources/Java and you'll see the Skins folder. Drop your skin's BMP there, start Bliss and you should see it in the list.

On Linux or other platforms where you're using the Bliss.jar, Find the directory where you've extracted the ZIP file, and there is where you'll find the Skins directory. Again, drop the new skin there and you should be good to go.

Good luck!
giga_watts

Postby wenderbeat » Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:36 am

I cannot get the skins that I've downloaded from the Exchange into the program. There is no folder that comes up with the program when I right click it. It just opens. I can see the folder path through the "Skins" option in the program, but it doesn't allow me to copy and save into that folder. Help??
wenderbeat

Postby giga_watts » Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:18 pm

To select a new skin for the gameboard, once the game has started, click Options at the top. Then select Skins; that should take you to a file browser. Select a skin from the list and click OK. Your new skin should now be the game background.
giga_watts

Postby jdbmnc » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:02 pm

I bought the version of this game for our Ipad2. I downloaded a lot of skin files from the forum as well as using photoshop on the blank template to create some of our own. I then transferred them all into the app using itunes. When I open the game on our ipad the game does not seem to recognize the skins. Is there a subfolder that they are supposed to be in or am I doing something else wrong? What size should the images be for the ipad version of the app? Thanks again for this great app.
jdbmnc

Postby DaveBliss » Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:42 pm

The skins for the PC version of Bliss are not compatible with the iPhone/iPad version of Bliss. They use two very different graphic systems and just won't work together.

On the iPad you can get many of the same effects of a different skin by choosing a background from your photo album or by taking your own picture. It is also possible to make a custom skin for the iPad, but it's some work to do so. If you are interested in trying then you can look at this post for a few details, or reply to this topic with your questions and I'll post answers.
DaveBliss

Postby jdbmnc » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:31 pm

Thanks for the reply I will try your suggestion...
jdbmnc

Return to Tech Talk