no repeated actions

Use this forum to discuss the Action Editor and other technical aspects of Bliss.

Moderator: Don

no repeated actions

Postby iqa » Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:31 pm

Does the new version of bliss prevent the repeating of actions?

I am working on a new action file, but I dont want actions to repeat. If bliss does not prevent this, I have an idea. Couldn't one create a "new player state" for each action, using the name of the action as the player state. If an action comes up, it could set its own state. The next time bliss tried to use that action, it would check and see that the action has been "set" If the player state was told to play a certain action only if the state were "not set", which is an option in the editor, the action would never be used again that game. This would avoid the repetion of actions, especially the high level ones, that my wife finds very annoying.

Yes, it would take some time to create player states for every action, but it would be worth it for me.
iqa

Re: no repeated actions

Postby LXK8 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:46 am

Wouldn't it be easier just to add a checkbox for each action that would prevent it being repeated once it was used in a game? Or perhaps add a "No Repeat" checkbox for each player. Just my 2 ccents.
LXK8

Re: no repeated actions

Postby iqa » Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:44 am

I agree that would be much easier, but to the best of my knowlede, Bliss doesn't let you do either of those "easy" things to prevent repeats. Am I wrong?
iqa

Return to Tech Talk