Image for standar buildables

Use this forum to discuss the Action Editor and other technical aspects of Bliss.

Moderator: Don

Image for standar buildables

Postby Midir » Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:16 pm

I would like to change the images for the standard buildable properties, is this possible? I have created custom situations and those images work great.

Examples
Doctor's Office
Toy store
and so on!

Thanks
Midir

Re: Image for standar buildables

Postby Don » Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:58 pm

Hi,

You can create a .bmp and put it in the same place you would for a custom buildable. Just name it according to the situation such as AmusementPark.bmp or Doctor.bmp. The game will pick these up instead of using it' internal images.

Don
Don
Super Moderator

Postby shankscomp » Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:18 pm

Don, can you please provide that the file names should be for the existing buildable properties... I'm created an image for the massage studio, and named it "Massage Studio.bmp" and "MassageStudio.bmp" and the same using ".png". I've put the file into the actions folder on my flash drive that I play the game from. I'm using the Windows version of the game.

So, maybe it'll help everyone... But, can you tell us exactly where to put the file for sure and what the names all need to be...
Thanks
Tim Shanks
shankscomp

Postby Midir » Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:32 pm

Can you please list the exact names I have several I can not figure out the proper name.

Thanks,
Midir

Postby Don » Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:56 am

Hi,

The names are:

AmusementPark.bmp
ArtStudio.bmp
CandyStore.bmp
DanceHall.bmp
Doctor.bmp
Gym.bmp
Hotel.bmp
Massage.bmp
PhotoStudio.bmp
StripClub.bmp
ToyStore.bmp

Thanks,

Don
Don
Super Moderator

Postby Mit1mit2 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:36 am

I know it's been a while ago but how does this work with your own situationals?
Mit1mit2

Postby Don » Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:26 pm

Don
Super Moderator

Postby Mit1mit2 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:34 am

I figured it out already, maybe it's an idea to allow for image loading in the editor itself. That way you can be assured that all files are perfectly stored and in the right format. It shouldn't be too hard to find a simple converter or image editing program for that purpose.

Offtopic: I also found the action editor being rather limited. I mean don't get me wrong, it's great and the basics are mostly covered! But that special notch to it which makes it so special, that capability of recreating the entire game, that's missing. For example: It'd be great if you could redesign the board, relate to multiple previous actions or make the passion meter actually fall back after certain actions. (This would be very useful in the case that you want to have longer sessions in which the male will reach orgasm, that way you can actually make the program adapt to the level of arrousement of an individual which gives a much more natural feel to it.
Maybe all my ideas make for the action editor to be too complicated but that can easily be solved by adding the option for the simple and the advanced editor. I for one would love to keep track of numbers; "Did he achieve orgasm already? If so, the next actions have a 75% chance of being 'in favor' of her" for example. This can be further exploited by the program having the option to actually ask input from the players. (After certain actions and if the option is enabled the program could ask the player for their preferred 'route' as in; want to be very romantic, maybe a bit wilder then the current actions given?) This also opens up a lot of potential. Now I know that these idea's (especially the last) are enormous changes to the entire engine but they might be a goal for the long run as they will dramatically personalize the entire game experience giving an almost live like feel to it.
Mit1mit2

Return to Tech Talk