ibliss and action editor

Use this forum to discuss the Action Editor and other technical aspects of Bliss.

Moderator: Don

ibliss and action editor

Postby blep98 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:31 pm

Hi,

I was just wondering if you could give a bit more information about editor and ibliss and how it works before we decide in what format to buy bliss. We much prefer the iOS edition as it's more portable but like the action editor. So here goes a couple of quesitons.

1. If I bought ibliss through my ipad and the action editor for my PC would I need to also purchase the PC version of bliss so i can use the action editor to create actions for ibliss?
2. If I bought ibliss through my ipad and the action editor for my PC would I need to also purchase the PC version of bliss to create and modify profiles for use on my ipad?
3. Finally, could you explain briefly how to use profile and action editor to modify profiles and actions for ibliss and how this works.

thanks!!
blep98

Re: ibliss and action editor

Postby Don » Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:58 am

blep98 wrote:1. If I bought ibliss through my ipad and the action editor for my PC would I need to also purchase the PC version of bliss so i can use the action editor to create actions for ibliss?

you would need to purchase the PC version of the Action Editor to edit actions.
blep98 wrote:2. If I bought ibliss through my ipad and the action editor for my PC would I need to also purchase the PC version of bliss to create and modify profiles for use on my ipad?

No, profiles can be edited on the ipad directly.
blep98 wrote:3. Finally, could you explain briefly how to use profile and action editor to modify profiles and actions for ibliss and how this works.

For action files, you edit them on the PC and then transfer them to the iPad using email or iTunes. For Profiles, you can just edit them on the iPad.
Don
Super Moderator

Postby HappyDH » Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:21 pm

Don,
Wife and I have really been enjoying this tremendously (iBliss full version 1.1.3). And to all you that have uploaded action files - thanks.
Don, can you clarify the above - if I purchase the PC version of the action editor license, do I just download the full PC Bliss application and only pay for the action editor license? I've read a few other posts by you and others about a bug where the unlicensed version (ie demo) would increment a minute on each use and would render the editor unusable, BUT I thought your latest release had this fixed. True?
Am I understanding the process correctly?
- Download PC bliss (demo)
- purchase PC Action Editor License
- purchase iBliss
- Edit Action Files
- Email .bjf files to self and open in iBliss.
- Enjoy!!
Sound about right??
HappyDH

Postby Don » Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:23 pm

HappyDH wrote:Don,
if I purchase the PC version of the action editor license, do I just download the full PC Bliss application and only pay for the action editor license? I've read a few other posts by you and others about a bug where the unlicensed version (ie demo) would increment a minute on each use and would render the editor unusable, BUT I thought your latest release had this fixed. True?
Am I understanding the process correctly?
- Download PC bliss (demo)
- purchase PC Action Editor License
- purchase iBliss
- Edit Action Files
- Email .bjf files to self and open in iBliss.
- Enjoy!!
Sound about right??

There was a bug as you describe but it is fixed in the 1.6.1 Public Demo downloadedable here:

http://www.gamesforloving.com/forum/vie ... f=9&t=1259

The procedure you describe is exactly right. The only thing I would add is that I think it is easier to use iTunes to update action files than to use email, but either works.

Thanks,

Don
Don
Super Moderator

Postby HappyDH » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:04 pm

Thanks for answering Don. Looks like I'll be purchasing soon. And of course thanks again for a GREAT product. Need an investor? :mrgreen:
HappyDH

Return to Tech Talk