Transferring actions from one computer to another

Use this forum to discuss the Action Editor and other technical aspects of Bliss.

Moderator: Don

Transferring actions from one computer to another

Postby t&s » Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:31 am

Just got a new computer. Trying to switch Bliss to the new one. I had a rather large file that I had edited that shows up on my old computer inside the game. However, when i try to find the file to move the actions over to the new computer, I can't find it. Also can't find any of the other additional "add-ons", as I had also purchased the D-Lite packs and Solomon's pack. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks.
t&s

Re: Transferring actions from one computer to another

Postby Karkhan » Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:50 pm

What operating system are you running? Everything should be in the Games for Loving folder if you can find that. It took me a little while to find it my first time searching as well. If you did not change the default folder names it should be there. If you have windows vista or 7 try looking in the programs (x86) folder.
Karkhan

Postby t&s » Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:51 pm

the old computer is Windows Vista. New computer is Windows 7. When I am in the game, and go to the Action Editor, try to open a file, I can see all the actions that I have either downloaded or modified. I can open them in the game on the old computer. When I try to find the same files to transfer them via USB port, the files are not there when I am outside the game (there are the original ones). When I try to click and drag the file over to the USB drive while inside the Action editor, I get an error telling me that the file is no longer in this place. It's just frustrating, becuase we had gone through most of the different packs and picked out the ones we wanted, and edited some to how we wanted... not looking forward to having to do that all over again..

Thanks for any help!
t&s

Postby welshlover » Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:16 pm

If your looking for the action files, profiles etc under windows 7 you should find them here:

C:\Users\[user]\AppData\Roaming\GamesForLoving\Bliss

where [user] is the user running Bliss.

See this post from Dom:
http://www.gamesforloving.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1157&p=3829&hilit=appData#p3829

Hope this helps
welshlover

Postby t&s » Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:07 pm

The "source" computer is running Vista. I cannot find the folder on that computer. The weird thing is that other folders are there, just not the one I am looking for -- when we go into the game to select action files, it is there. It makes no sense to me, and I thought I knew a little about computers... guess not.
t&s

Postby Don » Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:55 am

The same issues as are mentioned by welshlover for Windows 7 also apply to Vista.

Go to the post he referred you to and the information there should help.

Don
Don
Super Moderator

Postby t&s » Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:27 pm

got it figured out -- had to change the name of the file and then it magically showed up... weird, but I don't care. I got my file transferred. Thanks for all the assistance. One day, I will try to pull out the ones I made on my own and put them on here.
t&s

Postby jarradvarsi » Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:28 pm

Today's world runs on technology. From your credit card balance to live coverage of meteor showers, everything can be found online. Restaurants and retail stores operate using specific software, as does any other service that you can imagine. People no longer refer to the dictionary, but to Google and Bing, or any other major search engine. To put it bluntly, technology rules.
[url=http://testcorp.com.au/]adelaide safety testing services[/url]
jarradvarsi

Return to Tech Talk