Program not recognizing Action File

Use this forum to discuss the Action Editor and other technical aspects of Bliss.

Moderator: Don

Program not recognizing Action File

Postby g161125 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:19 pm

I have been building an action file using the Action Editor. When I save it and try to start the game, the game does not recognize it. I can still access it using the Action Editor, but the game itself does not recognize it. It recognizes all the other action files except the one I have been working on. Any ideas?
g161125

Re: Program not recognizing Action File

Postby welshlover » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:04 pm

It's probably due to the file location. The action files as I understand it are read from your user profile folder, depending on your operating system the name of this folder will differ.

If you read this thread and look for Don's reply at the end, there is a sure fire way of getting bliss to make your file available.

http://www.gamesforloving.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=78&hilit=application+data
welshlover

Re: Program not recognizing Action File

Postby g161125 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:22 pm

I realized my mistake. I renamed the action file, but failed to rename the description. When you choose an action file to start a game, it uses the description instead of the actual file name. My action file was there all along. I just didn't realize it.
g161125

Return to Tech Talk