Category Editor Question

Use this forum to discuss the Action Editor and other technical aspects of Bliss.

Moderator: Don

Category Editor Question

Postby Kelbel » Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:03 pm

I have been creating some actions of my own in the last few weeks, or at least attempting to. :? :D So, I have a quick question about the category editor. If I create a category with a passion level of 5 - 7, and I have only it checked for the subject, I notice the little box (can't remember the name of it) in the bottom left hand corner has 5-5 for the passion level for the subject. Does this mean it is only a passion level 5 category, or does it internally read it as a level 5, 6, and 7?

Also, I see when take one item of clothing off is checked, it makes the level ?-5R. So say I have a category that is only level 1-2 with remove 1 item, it makes the passion level 1-5R. Will this make the category good for passion levels 1-5?

I figured I would start a new topic for this. I seen some other topics that didn't quite answer my question, and didn't want to post in them as they were a few years old.

My girlfriend and I haven't played the game yet. We both have a few weeks before we can fool around. We are both very excited to play the game, and can't wait.

Thanx,
Kelly D.
Kelbel

Re: Category Editor Question

Postby eveadam » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:18 pm

This is a great question. I've wondered about those codes too, and an official explanation would be very helpful!
eveadam

Postby Kelbel » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:23 am

Could this possibly be a bug that should be reported in the Bug Reports?
Kelbel

Postby squarepeg » Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:36 am

You may want to refer to Don's explanation of the numbers:
[url]http://www.gamesforloving.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=56&p=188[/url]
squarepeg

Postby Kelbel » Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:47 pm

squarepeg wrote:You may want to refer to Don's explanation of the numbers:
http://www.gamesforloving.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=56&p=188

Ya, I read that originally before posting.

My question is, if you have a category that is marked for passion 1-4, why does it only come up with 1 only in the box (it only shows passion level 1 in the "statistics" also), and not for passion levels 1-4?
Kelbel

Postby Don » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:54 pm

The numbers shown there are only a rough guide and they only indicate what will happen if playing with a default profile.

The number shown is always the lowest passion level for the action.

When a range is shown (2-5 for example) it means that the starting passion level for the action varies according to what the player is wearing. As an example, a simple hug is a much lower level action if the players are both dressed than if they are both naked. So a varied number there indicates that it is clothing dependent. Other categories however (for instance french kissing) isn't affected that much by clothing, so it will always show the same number.

One thing to watch out for is a seriously mismatched set of numbers where the first set of numbers is much lower than the second set. For example, an action that says 4-4 7-7 is unlikely ever to be played. This is because the action selection algorithm is based on the primarily on the subject. So this action could be played if the subject was at a 4 and the partner at a 7, which is unlikely to happen. By the time the partner reaches 7 (which would allow it to play) the 4 is much lower than the subjects current 7, which makes it the game unlikely to choose it.

On the other hand, the reverse situation is not a problem. a 7-7 4-4 would play when the subject reached 7 (assuming the partner was at at least a 4, which he or she would probably be).

Don
Don
Super Moderator

Postby Kelbel » Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:51 pm

Don, thank you for the explination. I am still trying to wrap my head arond the editor, but I think I am catching on to it. I made all of my actions for subject and partner to be equal.

If you wouldn't mind, please review what I have now. I haven't messed with my actions for a few weeks (cold and flu going around ), but I know I need to edit the male actions for wearing boxers, and I think I know how to do it.

Here is the link to my actions. http://www.gamesforloving.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1316 Please scrutinize all you want, it is the learning from mistakes that I learn best at. :P

Thanx,
Kelly D.
Kelbel

Postby LXK8 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:41 am

Don,

I was wondering when the mismatch becomes a problem.
For example, I seem to have a lot of actions that are something like 5-5, 6-6.
Or how about 4-6, 5-7?

Thanks for any clarification.
LXK8

Return to Tech Talk