How do I remove actions I do not like?

Use this forum to discuss the Action Editor and other technical aspects of Bliss.

Moderator: Don

How do I remove actions I do not like?

Postby Laurel64 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:50 am

I do not like the dance actions or vampire actions etc. I have tried going into the action editor to remove them but nothing seems to work. Can you help?

thanks.
Laurel64

Re: How do I remove actions I do not like?

Postby Janna » Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:03 pm

(1) Start the action editor
(2) Open the .bjf file that contains the actions (either the original, or the add ons)
(3) On the very left, you'll have a list of each title name in the file
(4) Click on the action on that left list... as you do, that will change the info that comes up on the right side
(5) Go down and select the action(s) that you wish to remove
(6) From there, either type Control-D, or you can go to the menu up top, select "Edit", then drop down the list and choose the option "Delete Action"
(7) Repeat, for each action you want deleted

I hope that's clear enough, if not, let me know :)

J
Janna

Re: How do I remove actions I do not like?

Postby aohelaman » Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:20 pm

If the action set is a read-only file, like the basic actions, you can't edit it directly. So you have 2 options.

A) This is Don's recommendation. Create your own action file with the same name as the action that you don't like. Then set it to never occur by unchecking all of the locations. Since your file has a higher action priority (see this by <File-Edit Description> or pressing F9) it will use your actions first. Since your actions of that name don't occur, those actions will never occur.

B) This is what I did. I opened the Basic Actions and then did a "Save As". I gave it my own name and used <File-Edit Description> (or F9) to change the description/'game name' so that I can recognize it at the beginning of a game. Now it is not read-only so I can delete/edit the actions that I don't care for. When I start a new game I select my basic actions at the beginning of a game instead of the original ones.

Hope this helps.
aohelaman

Return to Tech Talk