Game won't open up entirely

Use this forum to discuss the Action Editor and other technical aspects of Bliss.

Moderator: Don

Game won't open up entirely

Postby wenderbeat » Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:17 pm

We have used this games many times and have spent some time putting in new actions, but now suddenly it won't open entirely. :?: :?: The game "technically" opens, but no screen appears and all of the program window options are grayed out. But then when I go to close the program it asks me if I actually want to close it, just like normal whenever we've used it. Restarting the program doesn't work, restarting the computer doesn't work...I'm out of ideas outside of uninstalling it. I'm afraid if I do that I'll have to reenter everything and be back at square one with things.

Any help?
wenderbeat

Re: Game won't open up entirely

Postby Don » Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:14 pm

What platform is this on. (Windows, OSX, etc.)

What Version of Bliss do you currently have.

Don
Don
Super Moderator

Postby wenderbeat » Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:06 pm

We have OS X 10.6.8

I can't even get it to open to the screen to tell me which version of Bliss we have, but we bought it 1 1/2-2 yrs ago. Any help?
wenderbeat

Postby Don » Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:10 am

Hi,

You could download the newest version from our website and install it. If you have had it 1-2 years then you are on a pretty old version. New versions are free and use the same license code.

You could also make sure your Java installation on your Mac is up to date.

Thanks,

Don
Don
Super Moderator

Postby wenderbeat » Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:13 am

I've tried re-downloading the program and updating the Java on the computer and I'm still getting the same thing. The program isn't opening. :( It won't even open to the point to let me put in the license code...
wenderbeat

Postby wenderbeat » Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:29 am

Don,

I've redone the download, this time entirely removing the program from the computer with all files. I resubmitted the liscense key and now only have the bare bones program with no add-ons. But it is still telling me that it is trying to access a file from the "former" program I deleted, the Lingerie Boutique. And with the old links for the add-ons having expired I'm not quite sure what to do. Can you help?
wenderbeat

Postby Ivo » Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:43 pm

You may need to delete your application data file- I'll let Don explain. When I was having troubles I had to totally uninstall the program, but all in the application data folder I had to delete items from there. You may want to save bjf files in the application data to a different folder before deleting the folder. This way there is no existing app data for the program to try to read- this might be what is hindering your clean install. Please note I do not have a mac, it has been a long time since I've used a mac.
Ivo

Postby Don » Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:15 am

wenderbeat wrote:Don,

I've redone the download, this time entirely removing the program from the computer with all files. I resubmitted the liscense key and now only have the bare bones program with no add-ons. But it is still telling me that it is trying to access a file from the "former" program I deleted, the Lingerie Boutique. And with the old links for the add-ons having expired I'm not quite sure what to do. Can you help?

Can you tell me more specifically what message you are getting and when it appears? I can send you your add-ons that is not an issue, but we need to get the basic game running first.

Thanks,

Don
Don
Super Moderator

Postby wenderbeat » Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:59 pm

I got it working now. I had to uninstall everything and then reload it and the add-on's from a back up file. All of the licenses worked.

Thanks Don.
wenderbeat

Return to Tech Talk