importing categories

Use this forum to discuss the Action Editor and other technical aspects of Bliss.

Moderator: Don

importing categories

Postby Ivo » Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:03 pm

Don,

I've a situation where I have an action file with custom categories is there anyway to import the categories and not import or append any action cards? I just need the categories and there are 5 of theme with up to 7 in each category. I tried typing them in but apparently I did something wrong as they are no longer showing up- must have forgotten to save. So, is there an easy way to import categories or will I have to retype them again. Not a problem if I do, I'm just lazy and looking for a quick way to fix my stupidity. (This I do frequently I should repeat the following daily ctrl S ctrl S LOL)
Ivo

Re: importing categories

Postby Don » Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:56 pm

You can copy and paste categories from one action file to another (one at a time). There are copy and paste buttons in the custom category editor.

Or you could open the file with the custom categories in it and delete all of the actions. The categories would remain. Then you could use Append File to bring a different bunch of actions back into the file.

Don
Don
Super Moderator

Re: importing categories

Postby Ivo » Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:52 pm

Great Thanks!
Ivo

Return to Tech Talk