Action editor, player states problem

Use this forum to discuss the Action Editor and other technical aspects of Bliss.

Moderator: Don

Action editor, player states problem

Postby Nikyukuu » Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:46 am

Hi,
I just recently got around to creating my own actions and wanted to do a more complex one, with several linked actions and one action that has to be played first. That's what player states are for, right?

So I created a custom state and set my actions as following: The first action tests the state for both players and plays only if both are not set. When it is played, it sets the state for the subject.
The subsequent actions play only if the subject has this state set and the partner state is not set.

All those actions do not require specific clothing and only the first one requires equipment (which of course is available)

My problem is that in about 4 test games (with all other action files disabled) those actions didn't show up a single time, while other actions from the action file showed up at least once per game. The categories are set so that the action should be allowed.
Is there any way to find out if I made an error creating the actions? Or is it just coincidence that they didn't show up?

PS: I created that topic a few minutes ago, there were connection problems and the topic was not displayed. If it was just temporary and now my topic is twice here, please delete this one. (Maybe a problem with tapatalk?)
Nikyukuu

Re: Action editor, player states problem

Postby Don » Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:55 am

Hi,

There isn't a really good way to test for that. If you would like to send me the file I will look at it and see if I can see anything.

Don
Don
Super Moderator

Postby Nikyukuu » Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:58 am

The problem was really just (bad) luck that my Actions did not appear. In a few more test games they showed up alright.
Well, random does mean it is possible, if unlikely, that they don't appear four times in a row.
But it's all good now. Thank you for an amazing app!
Nikyukuu

Postby Nicolredmay » Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:44 am

I got an error when madly clicking next with the Unknown tab open The error happened when I went from 142214 to 142866. The "Spoof" section in 142866 seems to be wrong.I have attached the offending USER.DAT file I would fiddle around with it more, but I have to run.
http://www.3d-architectural-rendering.com/3D-Floor-Plan.html
Nicolredmay

Return to Tech Talk