Action Editor Request

Use this forum to discuss the Action Editor and other technical aspects of Bliss.

Moderator: Don

Action Editor Request

Postby Rich » Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:37 am

I love the game and am now exploring with the Action Editor. Basically I am writing my own version of play. I realize that the Passion Level is controlled by the categories. In a future version it would be nice to let you enter a range of passion levels an action will occur, or have it controlled by categories. For example, tell it an action occurs when passion level is 1 to 3 only. Thanks.
Rich

Postby Don » Mon Sep 25, 2006 1:09 pm

Rich,

When we designed the Bliss Action structure, we intentionally did not include a Passion Level for an action. This is because each user can create a profile in which they assign categories to a Passion Level.

Thus, if you create an action that involves French kissing, the action will appear at whatever passion level the user has assigned French Kissing to. If you were to manually assign a Passion Level to an action, it would cause that action not to honor the users profile.

If there are particular reasons why you think we should add this, I would be very interested in hearing them.

Don
Don
Super Moderator

Postby Rich » Mon Sep 25, 2006 1:54 pm

Never Mind. When I posted this I was trying to write new actions that didn't fit into any of the existing categories and trying to find a way to incorporate them into play. Since I posted this I figured out how to add custom categories and assign levels to them and it works fine. Thanks for replying
Rich

Return to Tech Talk