BasicActions.bdf

Use this forum to discuss the Action Editor and other technical aspects of Bliss.

Moderator: Don

BasicActions.bdf

Postby dcastillo » Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:37 pm

I saved a copy of BasicActions.bdf which I had modified for the 2 of us and then upgraded from 1.4 to 1.5.2 and removed the new BasicActions.bdf and sweethearts.bdf from the action folder and placed my original modified BasicActions.bdf in the action folder. Will this work or am I going to have problems.
Thanks,
Dave
dcastillo

Postby Don » Wed Sep 27, 2006 6:45 am

Hi,

While it will work to keep your old Basic Actions file, the new Basic Actions file has more than twice as many actions in it. So if you keep your old one, you won't get any of the new actions. Also, the new Basic Actions file has actions for the new properties that you can build (Toy Store, Hotel, Amusement Park). Your old BasicActions file won't have any actions for these properties, so if you build them, you won't have actions for them.

The new release uses a priority system for Action Files which the old version didn't have. The way it works is that each action file has a priority. The default BasicActions.bdf has a priority of 0. Any files you ceate will have a priority of 1-9. So, suppose you create a file called MyActions with a priority of 1. If MyActions contains an action called "Sweet Kisses" and the BasicActions file has an action with the same name, the action from your file will be used INSTEAD of the one in BasicActions because your file has a priority of 1 and overrides the priority 0 action in BasicActions.bdf

Even though it will take some work, I would strongly recommend that you put the new BasicActions back into the game and create a file with your actions in it to replace those in the BasicActions file.

Don
Don
Super Moderator

Return to Tech Talk