Stand Alone Editor

Use this forum to discuss the Action Editor and other technical aspects of Bliss.

Moderator: Don

Stand Alone Editor

Postby tecbuilder » Thu Sep 28, 2006 7:15 pm

It would be nice to have the editor be it's own program rather than builtin.
tecbuilder

Postby Don » Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:15 am

Hi,

We have thought about doing that a couple of times, but always decided that it wasn't worth the trouble since it would only save the user two mouse clicks anyway. Once you start the game, you just click on Action Editor and it is there. However, if there is a reason that we have not thought of that this would be helpful, please let me know.

Thanks,

Don
Don
Super Moderator

Postby tecbuilder » Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:07 am

It just gets annoying to "login" to the game before I can use the action editor. When all I want to do is use the editor. It's not just 2 mouse clicks. It's entering 2 passwords, then press the Enter key twice and then 2 mouse clicks.

Obviously it's not a major issue, but since you have a license for both the game and the editor, it seems to me that the editor should be accessible by itself.

If it happens most execellant. If not, I will continue to get to it just fine.
tecbuilder

Postby Don » Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:58 am

Hi,

You are right, if you have passwords enabled you would need to get through those to get to the action editor. However, I kind of thought that if a user has passwords enabled, you would want those passwords to protect the standalone action editor as well, so you would still have to go through that.

Do you think it would be a good idea to let users into the action editor with the passwords?

Don
Don
Super Moderator

Postby tecbuilder » Fri Sep 29, 2006 4:34 pm

Don wrote:Hi,

Do you think it would be a good idea to let users into the action editor with the passwords?

Don

I've been thinking about that since I created the topic. As I have thought more about it, without the passwords, the kids would be able to get into the editor, which I would not want. Although I could set permissions so that they have no access to the program, I am sure others do not have this ability. So even though I would rather be able to access the editor directly, you are right in that one way or another the game and the editor need to be protected. Which just makes sense to program it once rather than twice.
tecbuilder

Return to Tech Talk