Game Progression Rate

Use this forum to discuss the Action Editor and other technical aspects of Bliss.

Moderator: Don

Game Progression Rate

Postby tecbuilder » Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:02 pm

I know that each player can set the rate of game play from very slow to very fast. But my question is, what does that mean? Do levels 1-3 take longer to move up to the next level than levels 4-6? And do levels 4-6 take longer to move up than levels 7-9? Or is the level advancement rate constant?

I know that for us, we would like to spend more time moving from one level to the next at the lower levels, but have things move faster once our passion level is hitting 7+. I realize that we can click on the passion level indicator to increase or decrease our passion level as well, but it would be nice to have the program manage this for us. So for example, if when set to 'Slow' lets say; levels 1-3 took 8 turns, levels 4-6 took 6 turns and levels 7-9 took 4 turns to advance to the next level.
tecbuilder

Postby Don » Mon Oct 02, 2006 7:00 pm

The current game speed implementation takes each players beginning and ending passion levels and calculates how often the passion level must advance to move each player from their beginning to ending passion level in a certain number of turns.

So it is currently linear, you will remain at each passion level for the same number of turns unless you manually override it.

Don
Don
Super Moderator

Game Speed Variability

Postby Boris » Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:21 am

Dear Don:

As you are (hopefully) approaching the final touches to a new release soon, I thought it might be a good time to add my vote for an earlier posting from Techbuilder. My wife and I would prefer to spend more time slowly at the earlier levels (1-3), prior to reaching a linear progression from evels 4-9. Are you planning any snappy method for users to modify and preset the game speed for individual levels prior to starting the game. I have in my mind a graph with levels 1-9 on the x-axis, and slider bars for each level on the y-axis, that could be used to control the speed of the progression through the levels. It might look something like a graphic equaliser. Just a thought ... we would certainly appreciate it.

Cheers,
Boris
Boris

Postby tractor » Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:13 pm

So what is the number of turns to advance from min to max? I was interested in calculating how many turns there would be at each level.
tractor

Postby Don » Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:24 am

The number of turns to go from min to max varies from 15 - 70 depending on the Game Speed selected on the Player Information Form.

The default is 40.

Don
Don
Super Moderator

Return to Tech Talk