Assigning a level to an action - model intensity

Use this forum to discuss the Action Editor and other technical aspects of Bliss.

Moderator: Don

Assigning a level to an action - model intensity

Postby romeo » Tue Oct 10, 2006 2:14 pm

I understand the level modeling concept - nothing wrong with that but it does have limitations. A good way to use it is to have for each type of activity one level. But how do you handle the case where you have basically the same activity but somehow more intense? For example suck nipples for 1 minute is different from doing it for 20 minutes. One way to do it is having e.g. role play mild, medium and extreme versions. A solution that works for a single or few categories but does not scale.

One clean option to get that would be to model intensity as an action attribute acting as an increment to the computed intensity. For reasons of not accidently disabling actions one might limit the max sum to 9.

On way to work around it currently would be to have an absolut level category e.g. named "level 7 (internal use must be enabled)". This way if you have an activity that computes to level 6 you can elevate it to level 7. Of course it starts falling down when users adjust the levels downward.

I'm not sure it is worth it, but I could imagine there is often the case when there is a tamer version and a harder one of the same action. One would be o.k. at a lower level, some other may require a higher level.
romeo

Re: Assigning a level to an action - model intensity

Postby Dr. D. Light » Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:43 am

romeo wrote:I
I'm not sure it is worth it, but I could imagine there is often the case when there is a tamer version and a harder one of the same action. One would be o.k. at a lower level, some other may require a higher level.

I think a good example of this is in place in the Dr. D. Light Pack 2. Under the category Spankings, it gives ratings from Mild, to Hard with examples of what is meant by 'Light' and each example is explained.

For instance:
Mild Spanking - Love tap, or love pat
to
Hard Spanking - Firm, direct, may include use of a paddle for instance.

Most actions have a default level, but the programmer may also adjust the levels of each individual action.

Dr. D. Light
May your relationship be full of Bliss and Delight!
Dr. D. Light

Return to Tech Talk