Last resort only-Help file

Use this forum to discuss the Action Editor and other technical aspects of Bliss.

Moderator: Don

Last resort only-Help file

Postby Dean7878 » Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:02 am

I have been writing some Intercourse actions that are meant as game enders. I started off using prerequisites to delay game enders to extend game time! I see there is a Last resort only Check Box but I fear that will cause my game enders to be held until every other action has been played. I don’t want that long of a game. Am I correct about the Last resort only Check Box? If not how does it effect game play?

Maybe you could add more prerequisites like 15, 30, 45, minutes of play time before action is enabled. Set a dollar threshold, or a all properties played twice threshold.

It would be nice to have a detailed help file explaining as many aspects of the editor as possible! It could be posted to the website and added to the next update. It might be a lot of work up front but I think it would avoid having to answer many questions later!

Thanks, Love the game and the editor!
Dean7878

Postby Don » Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:35 am

Hi,

Last Resort actions are there as a safety net so that there will always be at least one simple action available for each square. You are right, these are not what you want to use. The game will actually reuse an played action before using a last resort.

The problem you describe (wanting to save an action for last) is probably best acomplished as follows:

1. In the action editor, create your own custom category called "End of game actions" and put your special actions in that category.

2. In the profile editor, set "End of game actions" not to happen until you reach level 9.

3. When you start the game, set your ending passion level to 8.

This will cause the following. As the game plays, the players passion levels will be slowly advanced up to an 8. Then automatic advancemnent will stop. Thus your new actions will never happen. When you want them to happen, manually advance your passion levels to a 9. That will then make your custom actions the best fit actions, and they will happen pretty quickly.

I am working on the next game release now, perhaps I can think of a better way to handle this in the future.

As far as a manual goes, there is a 30 page PDF file shipped with the game which is a detailed action editor manual. If you go to your start menu, it should be there under Start | All Programs | Games for Loving | Action Editor Manual. If the start menu short cut to it has been removed, it will be in the c:\Program Files\Games for Loving\Bliss directory. If you have already read that manual and found it to be insufficient, please let me know what you found missing from it.

Thanks,

Don
Don
Super Moderator

manual works!!

Postby Dean7878 » Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:15 am

Found the manual. I just yesterday bought and loaded the game, I haven't even played yet! I have played the trial version! I just went straight to writing actions and have been using the desktop Icon to load the game. I never saw the game folder in programs until after I read your post. I was using Explorer to copy the key code to a text file in the game folder and there it was, editor manual.pdf right in front of me! Made me feel PFD! (Pretty F- ing Dumb)

I was going to post that I found the editor and saw you beat me here! I checked and sure enough the shortcuts are where they are supposed to be! I delete those folders anyway and only keep the shortcuts in (Programs). I must say I found the Editor very intuitive and would say I learned most of it in about an hour of tinkering, but I am a part time network tech. I am still looking forward to reading the help file and thanks for the tip. I have already set our profiles to classify all intercourse actions as 9 only. But the tip about stopping the auto increase at 8 is very helpful. Something I would have probably learned on my own, if only I was smart enough to find the manual. I will want to reedit the profiles with the assumption that 8 is the top of the game anyway so I shouldn't need a separate End Game category!

If it is not too much trouble add a help tab inside the editor for all us dumb as techs who think we know everything! Also a few custom, re nameable, prerequisites would be cool! 1 through 4, then we could pick what we want them to be and pick actions that meet them. Just a thought! Thank you for your help and your time!
Dean7878

Return to Tech Talk