Vista Issues

Use this forum to discuss the Action Editor and other technical aspects of Bliss.

Moderator: Don

Vista Issues

Postby JenGau » Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:58 pm

I have Vista, and the program will not install. It tells me that I need Media Center 9.0 or higher. When I try to install 11, my computer says that I have a later version than the download and it wont go anyfurther. I don't know much about computers so I don't know what to do next. My computer will not complete the install. :?
JenGau

Postby Don » Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:18 am

JenGau,

Thanks for reporting this. I have heard a couple of reports similar to this before, but they all just sort of went away. There is not much you can do to fix this. I think I need to send you either a new installer or perhaps a registry file to work around the problem.

I am currently waiting in an airport, so I can't send you anything right now. However, I should be able to get something for you tonight. Sorry for the delay.

Thanks for your patience.

don
Don
Super Moderator

Postby Don » Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:58 pm

Hi,

It looks like I need to make some enhancements to my install file. However, until do, the following should provide a short term fix.

Download the .zip file from the following link

http://www.gamesforloving.com/downloads/mediaplayer.zip

Save it to a temporary folder or your desktop. Inside of the .zip file there is a single .reg file. Double click on the .reg file. When it asks if you are sure you want to add the file to the registry say yes.

After that you should be able to install the program without running into the error you saw before.

Please let me know if this works ok.

Thanks,

Don
Don
Super Moderator

Solomons add on

Postby JenGau » Tue May 01, 2007 6:14 pm

Okay, I am up and running. My next question is how do you install Solomon's add on... (again...I am stupid with computers)... I downloaded the file and unzipped it..but what do I do next.. I dont see a read me file. I know this is something that I am doing wrong, so bear with me please

Jennifer
JenGau

Postby Don » Tue May 01, 2007 6:33 pm

JenGau,

The Solomon's delight add-on pack has the following three files in it:

Readme.rtf
sol-del.bmp
SolomonsDelight.bdf

When you unzip it, these three files should all be in the directory that you unzip it to. The Readme just tells you what to do with the other two.

sol-del.bmp is an optional Skin. You don't need it at all. If you want it, just move or copy it to c:\Program Files\Games for Loving\Bliss\Skins

SolomonsDelight.bdf is the actual add-on pack. Just move or copy it to c:\Program Files\Games for Loving\Bliss\Actions

After you do that, when you play the game, Solomons Delight should appear in the list of action files (which is the first form to appear after you press F2 to start a game.

You can also refer to http://gamesforloving.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=292 for more info.

Let me know if you need any more help.

Thanks,

Don
Don
Super Moderator

Return to Tech Talk