Exception Message on Start Up

Use this forum to discuss the Action Editor and other technical aspects of Bliss.

Moderator: Don

Exception Message on Start Up

Postby sheetbagger » Sat May 26, 2007 10:07 pm

Hope you can help. I am getting the following message (only showing part of it because its a long message)on start up and not able to gain access to the game. I don't understand the message. Any idea on how to get the game working again. I am hoping I can do this without losing all of the custom actions we have added.

System.reflection.Target invocation exception.Exception has been thrown bt the arget of an innvocation System argument exception:font"veranda"doesnt support style "bold"..........
sheetbagger

Postby Don » Sun May 27, 2007 8:53 am

Hi,

First of all, your custom actions are safe no matter what it takes to fix this problem. If you go to the directory c:/Program Files/Games for Loving/Bliss/Actions you will see several files there. These are your action files, which will contain you custom actions. You should probably make a copy of them to somewhere else on your disk.

Once they are secure, I would check to see what version of Bliss you have. you can do this by right clicking on the Bliss.exe file in c:/Program Files/Games for Loving/Bliss and selecting properties. If you don't have version 1.5.4, I would suggest you download it and get to the latest version.

However, I don't think this is going to fix the problem. It sounds to me like your Verdana font in Windows has somehow become corrupted. You may need to copy this from another computer to restore the problem. Verdana is one of the base Microsoft fonts, so it should be there on almost any computer. If you need me to, email me and I will find a copy and send it to you.

If this doesn't work, let me know and we can try some other things.

Thanks,

Don
Don
Super Moderator

Postby wolfepakt » Mon May 28, 2007 11:05 pm

I believe the fonts are considered system files.... therefore, if you have your XP disk, running system file checker should fix it.

Click start --> click run
Type cmd in the box and click ok
At the command prompt that pops up type:
sfc /purgecache
When that is finished type:
sfc /scannow
it will prompt you for your windows disk at some point (If you just put it in before you start the scan that will work too)
Troy
Troy
Wanna get back at forum spammers? Redirect them to www.bannedforspamming.com
wolfepakt

Still Need Help

Postby sheetbagger » Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:37 pm

I uploaded fonts that you sent to no avail. Did a windows reload and when i tried to restart Bliss I got a message that the beta version had timed out and that I should reload the latest version. After downloading the upgrade version, I got the "run" prompt. When I initiated the program I get the following error message: "Internal Error 2755.1612 C\windows\installer\329bc5.ms1.

Any ideas?
sheetbagger

Postby Don » Sat Jun 02, 2007 10:04 pm

Hi,

I did a google search on that error message and found out that it is an internal windows error message but I couldn't find any details on what it actually means. It could just indicate a corrupt download of the installer, but it is really hard to tell.

I think if it were me I would uninstall Bliss completely, download the installer again (but save it, don't run it directly) and then run it once it is downloaded and saved.

I must admit I am kind of stumped on this one. If any one has any ideas, please let us know.

Thanks,

Don
Don
Super Moderator

Postby wolfepakt » Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:19 pm

I agree with Don,
Save the file totally. It looks like it is related to network installation of patches.
Run everything locally after completely uninstalling.
Troy
Wanna get back at forum spammers? Redirect them to www.bannedforspamming.com
wolfepakt

Error Message

Postby sheetbagger » Tue Jul 03, 2007 1:56 pm

Just a follow up. All is well. Reloaded windows and this fixed the problem. I have an ACER laptop and apparently there is a known font issue with these units. Anyway your guess on reloading Windows worked. Thanks for you prompt help on all of this.
sheetbagger

Return to Tech Talk