Checking Multiple Categories for an action cause exclusion?

Use this forum to discuss the Action Editor and other technical aspects of Bliss.

Moderator: Don

Checking Multiple Categories for an action cause exclusion?

Postby kdemsky » Mon Nov 26, 2007 5:38 am

For starters, here is the limited documentation from the Manual:

Categories
Categories describe what an action actually involves doing. Examples of categories include: Soft Kisses,
Passionate Kisses, Touching my Partners Breasts, and so on. When an action is created, it is essential that it be
assigned to the correct categories. Most actions will be assigned to several categories, although some will not be
assigned to any.

For example, What if I make a new action, and check a bajillion categories, because the action MAY involve any number of 20 things, or an action that is an open ticket for a partner to explore? Also, my partner excludes ONE of those 20 items by choosing overload in their profile.

Is the action prevented from being activated with that profile, or does it get played because at least ONE of the other 19 items in the list is NOT on overload?

Maybe this is more clear. Is the exclusion of the action item form play based on the logical AND of all the categories in the OVERLOAD bucket, or the logical OR or all the categories in the OVERLOAD bucket?

Perhaps it is better not to choose categories for this situation. But simpler, An action tem could be "choose oral, vaginal or anal stimulation with a toy of your choice." Categories could be 3 custom categories. If the partner chooses anal = overload, then does the item get played for that player?

Kevin
kdemsky

Postby Don » Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:35 pm

Hi,

When an action is in multiple categories, the effective category of the action is the one that is set the highest in the users profile. Thus, if an action includes "French Kissing" and "Kiss my Partners Genitals" by default the French Kissing will be irrelevent because the other category is higher in the default profile. However, if a user increased the "French Kissing" category, the it could end up being higher and control the use of the action.

If any category is overloaded, it becomes the "highest" category and prevents the action from playing.

Thanks,

Don
Don
Super Moderator

Return to Tech Talk