Tested on XP Home Edition?

Use this forum to discuss the Action Editor and other technical aspects of Bliss.

Moderator: Don

Tested on XP Home Edition?

Postby rmcrackan » Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:35 pm

Has Bliss been tested much on XP Home Edition? I want to buy it for my wife for Valentine's Day and her laptop runs XP Home Edition.

I know the original version of this games was made in .NET and so I assume almost all of its development has been done on XP Professional. I have been a professional .NET developer for a few years. XP Pro gets the most testing by all companies I've worked for. Windows 2000 and 2003 are a distant 2nd and 3rd. XP Home not at all since none of our clients ever use it. Just this weekend I found that a .NET application I made which has been running for almost a year with no problems on XP Pro machines didn't work on XP Home Edition. This is the first time I've ever seen this happen. The fix was small but it was really frustrating since I didn't think this was even possible!
rmcrackan

Postby jwcoffeeman » Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:55 pm

I started with this on XP Home Edition and never had a problem. I've got Vista now, and it's still fine. Go for it!
jwcoffeeman

Return to Tech Talk