Questions about Action Editor

Use this forum to discuss the Action Editor and other technical aspects of Bliss.

Moderator: Don

Questions about Action Editor

Postby Jack&Jill » Thu Feb 09, 2006 11:36 pm

Hi

Could you please answer the following two questions in order for me to understand the Action Editor better?

(1) What do the numbers at the bottom of the left most window mean?
The two small windows read "29/470/470" and M 4-4, 4-7"

I figure one of the 470 means there are 470 entries and 29 means the current entry is 29. I cannot figure out the other 470.

Besides assuming M and F means Male and Female, I don't know what the two pairs of numbers 4-4 and 3-7. And there are some instances where there is an R.

(2) Can this bdf files be converted into word document or text or some other editor and then reconverted to bdf?

Thanks Jack&Jill
Jack&Jill

Postby Don » Fri Feb 10, 2006 12:57 am

Hi,

To answer your questions.

1. 29/470/470 means you are looking at action 29 of 470 currently shown of 470 in the entire bdf file. The middle number will change if you use the filters to reduce the number you are looking at once. Then you might get 29/53/57 which means that the current filter is only showing you 53 of the total 470 events.

2. The M 4-4 7-7 is kind of complex. It is a quick guide to what the level and behavior of this action is over all. M or F indicate that this is appropriate for a Female or Male subject only. the first pair of numbers (4-4) indicate that this action will first be available at a passion level 4 ASSUMING THAT THE PLAYERS ARE USING THE DEFAULT PROFILES. The most common case is for both numbers to be the same. When they are different (such as 4-7) it means that this could be a level 4, 5, 6 or 7 action, depending on what the player is currently wearing. The second pair of numbers is the same but for the partner, not the subject. An R in the action indicates that this action removes clothing.

3. You can export the entire bdf file to the clipboard im text format by using Edit | Export to Clipboard. You can then paste the text into a word processor such as Word, and use it's spell checker and grammar checker to find problems. Unfortunately, there is no reimport facility currently available, so you have to find the problems in Word, but them fix them in the Action Editor.

I hope this answers your questions. Let me know if this is not clear.

Thanks,

Don
Don
Super Moderator

Postby Jack&Jill » Fri Feb 10, 2006 9:29 pm

Thanks Don - you have answered all the questions

Jack&Jill
Jack&Jill

Re: Questions about Action Editor

Postby RTLM » Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:55 pm

Could we get this information added to the Action Editor documentation? I keep having to search the forums every time I come back to the editor after a while of not using it.

Thanks!
RTLM

Return to Tech Talk