Subject/Partner ID

Use this forum to discuss the Action Editor and other technical aspects of Bliss.

Moderator: Don

Subject/Partner ID

Postby revpow » Sat May 03, 2008 11:03 am

Hi Don,
Recently purchased JBliss. Great game but I have a question about the Editor. I've been adding a few new actions and got confused on one issue. In our official license the SUBJECT is my wife, Pam, and the PARTNER is me, Dave. Some actions make me the SUBJECT- so when I go to SUBJECT CLOTHING who is the subject for this choice? Dave or Pam? And under CATEGORIES who is the SUBJECT and who is the PARTNER?
I'd appreciate you're clarification. Thanks
Dave
revpow

Re: Subject/Partner ID

Postby Don » Sat May 03, 2008 11:57 am

Hi,

The license does not have a subject or a partner, it has a male and a female player.

The Subject / Partner relationship varies on a turn by turn basis. Depending on the circumstances and the square you are on, which player is the Subject and which is the Partner varies.

The rules for who is the Subject and who is the partner are described in detail on page 5 of the Action Editor Manual (Bliss Action Editor Manual.pdf). This file is installed by the game installer and should be in the main Bliss directory.

You can also download it from:

http://www.gamesforloving.com/downloads ... Manual.pdf

Thanks,

Don
Don
Super Moderator

Postby revpow » Sat May 03, 2008 2:34 pm

Thanks for the reply, Don.
I've read the manual but it wasn't clear to me. I guess I misstated about the license. What I meant was that on the Action Editor page, in the upper right corner, it says my wife is the subject and I am the Partner. That never changes in the corner, even though I sometimes change the Appropriate Subject Gender with me as the Subject (the corner box still says I am the Partner). I guess for each individual action I should just ignore the corner boxes - right?
Dave
revpow

Postby Don » Sat May 03, 2008 3:05 pm

Hi,

The labels in the upper right corner tell you what Subject / Partner relationship is being used at the moment to form the sample display text on the right hand side. So it is saying "IF Pam is the Subject and Dave is the Partner, here is what the text will look like"

On the Text tab of the Action Editor there is a "Toggle Gender" button that will reverse "who is who" and show the text the other way around. Pressing that button has no effect on the action, it just reverses the roles for display purposes.

However, your post points out a bug in the JBliss Action Editor. When you unmark either of the "Appropriate Subject Gender" boxes the Action Editor should automatically switch who is subject and who is partner (if necessary) to cause the action to be displayed correctly. Also, when only one of these is checked, the "Toggle Gender" button is supposed to be disabled to prevent you from switching the action to an inappropriate Subject / Gender state. Neither of these are happening, I am glad you pointed this out.

Thanks,

Don
Don
Super Moderator

Return to Tech Talk