Basic Actions Update

Use this forum to discuss the Action Editor and other technical aspects of Bliss.

Moderator: Don

Basic Actions Update

Postby Niccosan » Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:26 pm

Don,

I was hoping that you could provide a separate update file for any and all new actions in the new Basic Actions File (BAF)! Like I am sure many others have I have edited the basic actions file, changing words and or wording to meet my preference! I know you recommend not editing the BAF because it can cause the game to have errors but the changes I have made still meet the intentions of the original action! When you roll out the latest update the New BAF will certainly have new actions not in the file we all use now! Please offer a separate. update file with just the new actions since the last update so I can add it to my existing BAF!

Thank you and condolences!
We await the next release when you are able to get it compleated, untill then take care!!

Nicco
Niccosan

Re: Basic Actions Update

Postby squarepeg » Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:37 pm

There is an easy way to preserve your changes through updates and that is to copy any action that you changed to a new file. Make sure that you do not change the action name because that is how the game matches them up. Your custom action file will have a higher priority than the basic action file and therefore any actions in it will override the original basic action when they match by name. You can read more on this feature on page 7, "Priorities", in the Action Editor Manual. With a separate custom file you will get all your own changes, plus any new ones that come with a new Basic Actions file. Good design!
squarepeg

Re: Basic Actions Update

Postby Don » Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:32 pm

With the current version of the game, it should not be possible to edit the basic actions file. If you were able to, that was a bug and it should not have been allowed. Please refer to the following post for more information:

http://www.gamesforloving.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=288&

Don
Don
Super Moderator

Return to Tech Talk