Bribe-Money Actions

Use this forum to discuss the Action Editor and other technical aspects of Bliss.

Moderator: Don

Bribe-Money Actions

Postby Pickwalls » Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:07 am

I wrote some bribe guard actions in which the guard blackmailed the prisoner to either perform an action and get release or lose money. But when the pay option is chosen the game says the bribe was successful and they are released. I suppose this is intended to allow pay or action choices for successful bribes, but I got confused with the Action manual.

The action manual states:
Each action can have up to three buttons beneath it. Some actions allow the user to choose
between paying money or doing an action. Any text typed here will appear on the button that
causes the money to be paid instead of the action being performed. This box is seldom used.

This poses another question for me that will ultimately affect the current action file I'm working on. If an action is written with a satisfies prerequisite that has a money option...does choosing the money option satisfy to prerequisite? In some cases you may want it to... In other cases you don't... Example: Perform a lap dance or pay $100 to your patron.

The reason I bring it up is I'm currently working on an action file I intend to be able to use without the basic action file (It's currently at about 500 actions) that uses the prerequisites as "crimes" you've chosen to commit. Instead of Corrupt Guard, you are committing the criminal act when you bribe the guard. Other crimes include stripping for money, paying for a stripper, and groping. I've run a playtest and ran into a couple of issues of being charged with a crime that the player did not commit. I went rogh the actions one by one and did not find an action-pereq. issue, but I did not think to check for money-prereq issues. Anyone know if that would be the issue?
Pickwalls

Return to Tech Talk