Property Images

Use this forum to discuss the Action Editor and other technical aspects of Bliss.

Moderator: Don

Property Images

Postby ralig » Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:49 pm

I am attempting to make a custom skin for Bliss, but i am running into a problem. I am using non square shaped property spaces. It works great until you build something on a property and then the image for the building (Toy Store, etc) is square and makes the board extremely unattractive.

So, I tried to find where those images are located to replace them, and I figured out that in Bliss those images are embedded into the exe.

Then I downloaded jBliss, opened up the jar file and found the images for each of the properties. I edit them to have the background of my board in the actual image file and repack them into the jar file. I run the game again, and realize that there is some sort of overlay or image editing going on that darkens the entire square image. I tried a few other tricks and nothing seems to make it work right.

Maybe if Don could tell me what he does to the image before showing it on the screen, I could make my image work around this. I tried a little trial and error with it, but there are too many possible ways that this could be done.

Even better would be to have PNGs that support the alpha channel instead of BMPs. But that would have to be for a future version. :-)
ralig

Re: Property Images

Postby Don » Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:16 pm

I am afraid that there is not a good answer to this. We are going to move to .png files in a future version, but for now the blue / pink backgrounds are drawn using rectangle calls so there is no way to do what you are trying to do.

Sorry

Don
Don
Super Moderator

Return to Tech Talk