Couple of questions

Use this forum to discuss the Action Editor and other technical aspects of Bliss.

Moderator: Don

Couple of questions

Postby Mick » Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:23 am

Sometimes my wife or I end up with an article of clothing remaining late in the game. I have used the editor to add lots of 'remove clothing' actions in most of the categories, but it doesn't seem to speed things up much. Does the algorithm used select 'remove clothing' actions at random, or does it have instructions on when to choose one? Would it work to have one category that we do not use, like "Art Studio", where the only actions included where all clothes are not already removed - do remove all remaining clothes? Then, if we get to level 6 or 7 and do not wish to have any remaining clothes, we can simply choose the "Art Studio' and lose those clothes. All other actions in that category would be coded for everything uncovered.

One more on toys - does the linking of an action to the availability of a certain toy have any effect other than to make the action valid if Bliss is told at the beginning that the toy is available? I have been wondering if an action that requires a certain toy, when played, might be having an effect on actions Bliss chooses that also require that certain toy. If an action is played using a toy, is it less likely for a subsequent action to be used that also requires that certain toy?

Thanks again for a great game.
Mick

Re: Couple of questions

Postby tecbuilder » Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:37 am

I would suggest changing the settings in-game to a higher level. This may get your cloths off sooner. I'm not sure what actions you changed to remove all clothing, but if the action only occurs when you both are at level 9 then you may not see that action show up until late. I would look at actions that occur starting at the level 6 or 7. I don't think what you are suggesting will work, but I'm a bit confused. There is no category 'Art Studio'. There is a 'property' with that name. The key though, is the actions.

If a toy is available then all actions that use that toy will be available to be played within the game. Just because the toy was used, doesn't inhibit future actions from using that toy.

tec
tecbuilder

Return to Tech Talk