Problem Overwriting Original Actions

Use this forum to discuss the Action Editor and other technical aspects of Bliss.

Moderator: Don

Problem Overwriting Original Actions

Postby meitman » Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:35 pm

I just started playing around with adding my own actions and overwriting the ones I don't want from the original actions file. I read through the action editor manual and added the new actions with the same name but no situations marked to overwrite the actions I didn't want in the game. For some reason those actions are still showing up in the game like nothing happened along with my new actions that are completely unique. My new action file is a higher priority like it should be. Why are all the old actions still showing up? What am I missing?
meitman

Re: Problem Overwriting Original Actions

Postby LXK8 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:24 am

Did you un-check the original file when starting the game?

What I did, was to copy yhe entire file to another name.
Make it a higher priority.
Make ALL of my changes to that file.
When starting the game, I also un-check the original file.
Pretty much ensures that only those actions you choose will be used.
LXK8

Postby meitman » Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:03 am

Yeah, I thought about doing that but I was hoping there was a faster way. The way the action editor manual reads there should be an easier way, but I can't get it to work for some reason. I may have to do what you did though.
meitman

Postby jaymedic44 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:30 am

You can't change the orginal files. You need to create a new file and copy the standard actions you want to the new file then you can add new actions or change the standard actions you copied to fit your needs.
jaymedic44

Postby meitman » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:42 am

I did that. I made a new action file and put in the same title of the actions that I didn't want to play during the game but left them blank so they would never run as the action editor manual said to do but for some reason those actions still run during the game. That's my problem.
meitman

Postby jaymedic44 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:43 pm

Just delete those actions in your new file that you don't want to use. In the action editor goto edit then and down to delete action.
jaymedic44

Return to Tech Talk