Buildable Property Pictures

Use this forum to discuss the Action Editor and other technical aspects of Bliss.

Moderator: Don

Buildable Property Pictures

Postby hotness » Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:44 am

Great that buildable properties are now customizable! This will be fun! Just curious, would there be any way to create pictures for my new properties? Thanks so much!
hotness

Re: Buildable Property Pictures

Postby Don » Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:23 pm

hotness wrote:Great that buildable properties are now customizable! This will be fun! Just curious, would there be any way to create pictures for my new properties? Thanks so much!

Create a bitmap image (.bmp) that is exactly 77 pixels wide x 77 pixels high and name it EXACTLY the same as the name in the Custom Situations. Place that bitmap in the "Actions" folder (where the .bjf files are). The image should be a Gray Scale image

What the game actually does is that it uses the the image you supply to do a mix between Black and (pink, blue or white). So lets just say it is a Female owned property. Any pixel that is 100% white will come out as pure pink. Any Pixel that is 100%black will come out as pure black. A pixel that is at 50% gray will come out as a mix of 50% black and 50% gray. This is called alpha blending for the graphics gurus out there.

Don
Don
Super Moderator

Postby Alethio » Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:54 pm

Dear Don

I must say, I love how you can personalise practically the enitre game.
However, I don't seem to manage to add a new picture for my custom category (bar).

I made a bitmap (.bmp) and put it in the same file as the Action file in which I introduced the 'bar' costum category, and I named it exactly the same (well, one is Drinking.bmp, the other one is Drinking.bjf), but when I tested it in the game, I still got the large X to show that there is no picture available. I even tried a totally blank (white) picture to make sure that the greyscale factor didn't interfere. Did I miss something?

Thanks in advance
Alethio

Postby Don » Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:30 am

The name of the bitmap needs to match the name of the buildable property, not the name of the .bjf file. My guess is that you named the property "Bar", so your file needs to be Bar.bmp. Your .bjf file (Drinking.bjf) could concievably have multiple buildable properties in it (such as perhaps "Bar" and "Pub") in which case you would need Bar.bmp and Pub.bmp.

Don
Don
Super Moderator

Postby Alethio » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:53 am

Yes, I misunderstood, it's working perfectly now.

Thanks!
Alethio

Return to Tech Talk