Conservative DW - Not Really Wanting to Play

Use this forum to share your experiences with Bliss. What you liked or didn't like. What worked for you and your partner. Ideas to help others enjoy the game.

Moderator: Don

Conservative DW - Not Really Wanting to Play

Postby tla » Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:24 pm

My wife is very conservative and not very adventurous sexually. We have played Bliss before but not very often - she really does not like it. Does anyone have any suggestions how to overcome this?
tla
tla

Re: Conservative DW - Not Really Wanting to Play

Postby dllincoln » Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:26 pm

Difficult question. If you think she is reluctant because of religion, perhaps the Solomon addition might help. If she is not adventurous because of a genuine lack of interest, then there is not much you can do.
dllincoln

Re: Conservative DW - Not Really Wanting to Play

Postby chustme » Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:11 pm

Well... the most important part of Bliss is bringing you and your wife closer together. If playing the game does not do this for your wife or your relationship, it would be better to work on your sexual relationship in a way that does bring you two together.

My wife will play it with me, but she's not into computers, doesn't like being on one, and trying to bring it into the bedroom takes it out of her just a little.

I understand this, and while we have had some enjoyable and educational sessions playing this game, I use it very sparingly for her sake.

We do have "date nights", where one spouse chooses the date night activity, the next time it is the other person's turn, and we've agreed to go along with whatever our spouse chooses (outside of being downright wrong). In that is a healthy amount of respect for the other and I think it's a bad idea to use it for your own selfish purposes, without considering your spouse.

I have used the game a handful of times in the last few years, it's far from being our only option, whether including bedroom play or not.

Put your heart into your relationship, not the game!
chustme

Return to NEW!! - Share The Fun