New to the game, praise, suggestions and bugs

Use this forum to share your experiences with Bliss. What you liked or didn't like. What worked for you and your partner. Ideas to help others enjoy the game.

Moderator: Don

New to the game, praise, suggestions and bugs

Postby BlindGeek » Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:55 am

I heard about Bliss through an article on wired.com which reviewed it positively. Not quite fully understanding the concept, I downloaded the demo version and ran thru a quick game to see how the game played and what kind of actions came up. I was so impressed that I bought the game.

Then there was the minor problem of introducing it to me wife...

A quick demo of a game (on very fast progress) didn't convince her, so I let it drop.

Luckily that night, there was absolutely nothing to watch on TV and she didn't feel like concentrating on a DVD, so I suggested we 'adjourn upstairs and try the game'.

Though skeptical, she went along with it, so we gathered all the stuff we had lying around, set up the toys, the clothes etc, and got playing.

The game started slowly and I thought she was going to give up as I repeatedly got the hold hands and tell her something actions. But then almost without warning, I was down to my briefs while she was fully clothed...

That kinda perked her up a bit...

From that point things progressed quite quickly and soon she was begging for me not to do the full times for her actions because she was so close but didn't want to come yet.

The highlight for me was the action PelvicMuscle2. The highlight for my wife... the whole thing...

Suggestions:

A Taboo screen
Profiles are great for describing what you do and do not like, but on a per game basis you might not feel like doing certain things. Rather than having to set up profiles ofr each possible mood, how about a taboo screen to say what you don't fancy doing this game. For us it was dancing and oral, but other nights we probably want to do this

Alternative Action
Several times we got very similar actions in a row. An option to choose a different action, even if it was a $50 penalty would be great

In built playlist editor
Having since read the help file I now know we could have changed the music, but it would be nice if this is a built in feature.

Orgasm button
We were both at passion level 9 and both ready to come. My wife finally got an action that drove her over the edge, but subsequent actions were a bit too much for her, whereas it took a bit longer to make me come. Some kind of button to say either you're ready to orgasm or have had an orgasm would let the system know who to concentrate on. Maybe it could also add in a bunch of actions for that post-orgasmic buzz

New Properties
Off the top of my head:
Clothes Shop, where you could buy back clothes, sell clothes, or even buy (and wear) your partners clothes.
Strip Club (this might be covered by dance hall/cabaret since we didn't build those) but a strip club to add actions for stripping and teasing the other partner.
Cafe, could be used for food and drink related actions, as well as under the table shenanigans

Ability to Specify Durations
Rather than have the durations coded into the actions, you could specify durations for short, medium and long actions, and let the user customise these themselves. Anything for 2 minutes for example, we only did for a minute.

Bugs:
All in all, we were really impressed with the software, and being a programmer myself, I know how difficult it is to write decent bug free software in .Net.

A couple of things did crop up though...

Drawing on bums/breasts dispite not having anything ticked to do this

Oil massages followed by oral stimulation on the same areaon the next action...

Briefs... For a while (around passion level 6 or 7 I think) I kept been told to remove my briefs, then a few actions later being told I could put them back on, then the next action remove them and so on...

Taking a Shower... Sure its nice to get rid of the oil etc, but it was a bit random. Surely a toy option to say you can shower or bathe would make sense
BlindGeek

Postby Don » Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:24 am

Hi,

Thanks for your long and detailed comments. It is always good to get specific feedback about what people like and dislike about the game.

After reading your comments, I would be very curious to know if you were using any addon packs or additional action files besides the basic ones.

I am curious about the taboo screen you mention. How do you picture that it would differ from the profile editor? How would you suggest that we make the taboo screen simpler than the Profile Editor itself?

The "alternate action" button is something that has been suggested by others, and we have been thinking about a good way to add this to a future version of the game. Interestingly, when this concept has been discussed previously on the forum, some players have been very much in favor or it while others have been opposed to it.

We are looking at a rewrite of the music portion of the game in a future release and it will use it's own playlist editor.

The orgasm button that you suggest would essentially lower the Passion Level of the woman (or man in some cases) for future actions. This can actually be done by just manually modifying your passion level on the main screen.

As far as the new properties goes;

We have been messing with a Clothes Shop since the very first release, but have never gotten it working well enough to release it, but it will be there someday. There used to be a strip club, but it was replaced by the caberet. Stripping and Teasing are what the cabaret is all about. The cafe is pretty much the same as the candy shop, which is already there.

I like your idea about varying the times of actions by a multiplier based on the selected game speed.

Bugs:

The drawing without having anything marked to draw with would be due to an action that is not flagged properly. Do you happen to remember what action it was? Were you using any add-on packs or downloaded actions?

The game does not currently have any long term state maintenance that would help with the oil followed by oral problem. Perhaps this is something we need to think about.

The put on and take off of the briefs was probably just hitting the long end of some probablility curves. Things are based a lot on random number generators, and it sounds like you hit several improbable choices in a row.

There is an item in the Profile called "getting wet" that would block showers and such, but perhaps they should be in the toy list also.

Thanks for your suggesstions. It is input like this that keeps making the game better.

Thanks,

Don
Don
Super Moderator

Postby BlindGeek » Sat Feb 03, 2007 4:47 pm

Don wrote:Hi,
After reading your comments, I would be very curious to know if you were using any addon packs or additional action files besides the basic ones.

None. I'd bought the Dr Dlight ones but having had a look at the actions, thought they were a little to much for the first attempt.

Don wrote:I am curious about the taboo screen you mention. How do you picture that it would differ from the profile editor? How would you suggest that we make the taboo screen simpler than the Profile Editor itself?

Literally the way I saw it working was check boxes for the main areas that could be done, e.g. orla, anal, sex toys, massage. I like the concept of profiles, but I know what I want to do with my wife changes to much to tie it down to a few profiles.

Don wrote:The "alternate action" button is something that has been suggested by others, and we have been thinking about a good way to add this to a future version of the game. Interestingly, when this concept has been discussed previously on the forum, some players have been very much in favor or it while others have been opposed to it.

Put it as an option on the preferences screen, and default it to off, that way if someone wants to use it, they have to go in and select it.

Don wrote:As far as the new properties goes;

We have been messing with a Clothes Shop since the very first release, but have never gotten it working well enough to release it, but it will be there someday. There used to be a strip club, but it was replaced by the caberet. Stripping and Teasing are what the cabaret is all about. The cafe is pretty much the same as the candy shop, which is already there.

Clothes shop would be nice, in the meantime, we've added a few action via the editor. Like I said, we didn't try the cabaret, but having checked the actions, it does seem to match my idea of the strip club, and the candy shop again, seemed pretty good, and I guess that adding new equipment and actions would match what I was thinking/

Don wrote:I like your idea about varying the times of actions by a multiplier based on the selected game speed.

I hadn't considered linking it in to game speed, but yeah, that would be good.

Don wrote:Bugs:

The drawing without having anything marked to draw with would be due to an action that is not flagged properly. Do you happen to remember what action it was? Were you using any add-on packs or downloaded actions?

We were just using the basic file, and I think it was Bottom2, and we didn't have the soft marker/makeup pencil ticked

Don wrote:The game does not currently have any long term state maintenance that would help with the oil followed by oral problem. Perhaps this is something we need to think about.

It could be a bugger to program...

Don wrote:The put on and take off of the briefs was probably just hitting the long end of some probablility curves. Things are based a lot on random number generators, and it sounds like you hit several improbable choices in a row.

Yeah, i've run a few tests and can't get it to recreate it, so it probably was just a fluke.

Don wrote:There is an item in the Profile called "getting wet" that would block showers and such, but perhaps they should be in the toy list also.

Can't say i'd spotted it in the profile editor when I was having a go with that, but my eyesight isn't great (hence the nickname). Personally i'd like it as an Equipment option.

Don wrote:Thanks for your suggesstions. It is input like this that keeps making the game better.

Thanks,

Don

Thanks for taking tohe time to write the software. There'll probably be more feedback next week because the way my wife's grinning at the sight of me on the site means she wants to play it again.

It you need a hand with any .Net code, give me a PM, I write databases in .Net amongst other things.

Adam
BlindGeek

Postby BlindGeek » Sun Feb 04, 2007 4:32 am

Yup... Its just as fun on the second play together... :lol:

We got a couple of actions that we got last week that we just skipped, and a few that we didn't want to do, but other than that it was fine.

One bug though. Wife lands on an amusement pak she owns. Her work is the 'Feet' action from the basic actions file...

Wif also had the suggestion for a back button. Shes a legal secretary, so shes a little bit fast on the keyboard and her settings are changed appropriately... We must have missed about 10 actions (including a few remove and replace clothes) due to it firing a second space bar press. Tends to be worse when buying a new piece of land, but a back button or a review actions list would be nice.

Adam
BlindGeek

Postby BlindGeek » Sun Feb 04, 2007 4:50 am

Forgot about this one as well. Wife was wearing panties, bra and teddy. Teddy was set to Keep this on as long as possible. Starting passion was 4, and after the first few rounds of talking about things she landed on Take Off. First thing off was the teddy...
BlindGeek

Postby Don » Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:10 am

BlindGeek,

To reply to your two comments from yesterday:

The situation with your wife wearing the panties, bra and teddy with the teddy marked to "Keep on as long as possible" was an example of the clothing AI at work. Even though the game was told to avoid removing the teddy, it also knows neither a bra nor panties can be removed if they are under a teddy, so when she landed on "Take it Off" the game had no choice but to have her remove the teddy.

On the other comment, if the game can't find an appropriate unused action for a given property, it will fall back to an "Undeveloped Land" action. This would happen if none of the unused "Amusement Park" actions could be used based on the current game situation. For example, all of the "Amusement park" actions might have required that the players be dressed or undressed to a certain degree, that certain toys be available, that the passion levels be in a certain range, etc.

Thanks,

Don
Don
Super Moderator

Re: Feedback, Praise, etc....

Postby Dr. D. Light » Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:53 pm

I also appreciate reading your comments (and the additional posts) that you have made on the game.

I did want to point out, that in the Dr. D. Light Add-On Packs version 1.5 , I have included on the Toy/Equipment List
[ ] Pen or Pencil
[ ] Notepad, Steno Pad or Paper

Since some actions may have you drawing or writing on your partner - or drawing a picture - (or as with some of the actions in the Dr. D. Light Packs) - writing letters or notes to your spouse, or 'taking dictation' ....

As for the Taboo Option - that would fall into Category 10 in the Personality Profile. You can change your Profile before you begin your game each time if you wish - which would allow for some actions some times - or eliminate them other times. (Or, never bring them into play ever - if you do not change it from a Level 10 or Category 10 Action.)

Though some of the actions in the Basic Actions would not necessarily 'show up' if an available implement (such as Pen or Pencil) were marked in the Dr. D. Light Packs, but could be used in a Basic Action.
May your relationship be full of Bliss and Delight!
Dr. D. Light

Awesome!! Thank You!

Postby jbg2500 » Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:13 pm

I want to say this is one of the greatest things I have found to add spice to our love life. My wife and I had an awesome time playing this the first time. Since then, I have added Dr. D Light's pack and some other actions from the board, and I can't wait to play it again! Thanks to Don and everyone who has a part in putting this together.

Let me suggest making a school as one of the properties. Then, you could have a lot of situations with the teacher and the student, a very fun fantasy.
jbg2500

Return to NEW!! - Share The Fun