How do we play the game without all the questions?

Use this forum to share your experiences with Bliss. What you liked or didn't like. What worked for you and your partner. Ideas to help others enjoy the game.

Moderator: Don

How do we play the game without all the questions?

Postby Amstardam » Sat Jul 14, 2007 7:44 pm

I only add the action part of the game and yet we still have 30 minutes of just questions. It gets stale and we aren't even in the mood anymore! How do we make the game so it's only actions and no questions?
Amstardam

Postby Don » Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:32 am

Hi,

There is no way you should be seeing 30 minutes of questions. The questions should only happen in the first few turns, so obviously something is wrong.

To answer your question, I would need to know the following:

1. Are you using profiles? A profile that was set up incorrectly could cause this sort of a problem.
2. When you start the game, what list of action files appears in the first configuration window. Which ones are you selecting to use.
3. What beginning and ending passion levels are you setting.

If you want to, you can just zip your Actions and Profiles directories under c:\Program Files\Games for Loving\Bliss and send them to me via email. I can look at the files in these directories and figure out what is going wrong.

Thanks,

Don
Don
Super Moderator

Re: How do we play the game without all the questions?

Postby welshlover » Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:22 am

Amstardam wrote:I only add the action part of the game and yet we still have 30 minutes of just questions. It gets stale and we aren't even in the mood anymore! How do we make the game so it's only actions and no questions?

I recently upgraded to the latest release and just as we started playing the other night noticed that we were getting questions/actions I wasn't expecting. I quickly checked the profiles and discovered many of the elements had been reset or had the cold setting for the min and max. I set these and the game experience was the best we've had in terms of actions at appropriate times.

I suppose I'm saying - it's always worth checking that these settings have been lost or changed.
welshlover

Postby Amstardam » Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:51 am

Don wrote:Hi,

There is no way you should be seeing 30 minutes of questions. The questions should only happen in the first few turns, so obviously something is wrong.

To answer your question, I would need to know the following:

1. Are you using profiles? A profile that was set up incorrectly could cause this sort of a problem.
2. When you start the game, what list of action files appears in the first configuration window. Which ones are you selecting to use.
3. What beginning and ending passion levels are you setting.

If you want to, you can just zip your Actions and Profiles directories under c:\Program Files\Games for Loving\Bliss and send them to me via email. I can look at the files in these directories and figure out what is going wrong.

Thanks,

Don

Hi!

When the screen pops up, I only select standard bliss actions. Since we were only getting questions and maybe a kiss on the cheek we changed our profiles the minimum and the maximum are set at overload. So both our profiles are set on the highest for both minimum and maximum. And of course at the start of the game we have the highest min and max available as well. I just bought the game a few days ago. I will also try to email it to you so you can have a look. Thank you!
Amstardam

Postby Don » Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:17 pm

Hi,

If you set the minimum for any category of action to overload, that means that the game will never play actions using that category. For instance, if you set French kissing to overload, you will NEVER be asked to french kiss. If you have set all of the categories to overload, then the only actions that would be able to play are the ones that don't have any categories marked, which would be the talking actions.

There was a problem with the zip file you sent me, so I am waiting for another, however I am pretty sure that the problem will go away if you delete the profiles that are set up this way and run the game with the default settings.

Thanks,

Don
Don
Super Moderator

Postby Amstardam » Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:08 pm

This is what I get for not reading directions! haha. Thanks Don. I finally was able to sit down today and take a closer look at the game and realized my mistake - setting everything to overload! If I would have checked here earlier I would have read what you said and realized my error. The game works fine now! :)
Amstardam

Return to NEW!! - Share The Fun