Music 1.6

Use this forum to report any bugs or other problems you might discover.

Moderator: Don

Music 1.6

Postby tonguetease » Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:35 pm

When I try to add music files using Sound Preferences in version 1.6, only about 1/3 of the files I add will actually play. The others are added to the list, but I get dead silence both when I test them by hitting play or if I try to select them as music for an action when the game is being played. All of the files are mp3 files, not copy protected, all purchased from amazon.com. No pattern that I can discern as to what characteristics the files that play or don't play have in common. I can play the same files from the same file folder if I use Windows media player or another mp3 player, so I know the files are not corrupt. Any ideas?
tonguetease

Re: Music 1.6

Postby Don » Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:39 pm

I am not certain what would cause this. Perhaps the MP3 player library I am using has problems with certain files. Perhaps you could send one of the files that won't play to me and I can check out why.

Thanks,

Don
Don
Super Moderator

Re: Music 1.6

Postby shelovesme » Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:44 pm

I was having this same problem and I found that when I was taking them from Itunes they were in mpeg4 not mp3 format.

Itunes does have a converter that lets you make a copy in mp3 which is what I had to do.
Thanks,

Shelovesme
shelovesme

Return to Bug Reports