clothing problems

Use this forum to report any bugs or other problems you might discover.

Moderator: Don

clothing problems

Postby Mick » Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:09 pm

I updated to the newest version of the game, and I even went so far as to re-enter each action in my "AddedActions" folder. I wanted to be sure that there was no carryover problems. I had been unhappy with the pace of clothing removal at times, so one situation was reserved for solving that problem. All actions other than actions that removed clothing were coded so that they would not be used unless all clothing had already been removed. This way, if we got to, say, level 6 or 7, and we were still wearing clothing, we could choose this situation and the game would be forced to choose an action that removed any existing clothing.

Sometimes it seemed to work, but other times, we just got an action that was not supposed to be for that situation.

So, when I switched to the newest version, I left all the remove clothing actions out of my "AddedActions" file. This way the game would only use the remove clothing actions that are already included in the "BasicActions" file. The result is that, in the last couple of games, Bliss has had trouble keeping track of what clothing we are wearing. In the last game, it instructed me to remove an item of clothing that could not be removed prior to another item that I was still wearing. Also, it instructed my partner to remove her robe, which she didn't put on for the game and had not checked as being one of the clothing items she was wearing.

Also, the last of my clothing was not removed until we had reached level 9.

I had hoped that the newer version would have these problems fixed, but I think that it is worse. Is there a work-around? Can I use the feature that lets the game know exactly which clothing items to remove?
Mick

Re: clothing problems

Postby Don » Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:39 am

Hi,

What you are describing is very strange and certainly should not be happening.

I think I need to examine the files that were involved and see if I can figure out what is happening. Can you please send me all action files that you were using that game as well as any profiles you might have been using. I will examine them and see what might have happened. Also, please let me know exactly what clothing was entered at the beginning of the game for each player.

You can send this to me at supportATgamesforlovingDOTcom

THanks,

Don
Don
Super Moderator

Postby Mick » Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:05 am

I just thought I would post a followup here telling Don thanks for looking into this problem I have been having.

In case anyone is thinking about the same thing, I'm pretty sure that the major problems I have had are due to my trying to speed up clothing removal. By not giving the game a choice but to remove clothing for a certain situation, I think the game gets confused due to conflict with the algorithm for clothing removal. (One instruction the game has is to remove clothing at a defined rate, while the other is to only have actions available for a given situation that do remove all clothing - thus the conflict.)

Don, I think your idea of user controlled clothing removal rates would be the perfect solution, of course. I can see where some players like the game to be mostly about clothing removal with the last of the clothing removed at levels 8 or even 9, and some like to get clothing off rather soon - say, by level 6 at the latest.

Am I right, then, that the temporary solution now is simply to start with fewer clothing items (say two items rather than three)? Might there be any other temporary fix if a person wants to lose clothing more quickly? And that when you change the rate, or make it user controlled, you will post here so that we can upgrade?

Thanks again for a really great game. It never fails to not only "work" - but "work" really well - even when it doesn't work exactly like we want it to work! (g)

A really great game!
Mick

Postby Mick » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:36 am

Just a followup - since I modified the game back to where clothing removal is determined only by the algorithm of the game, I have had no problem with either the game not remembering clothing items removed or the game choosing actions not specified for a given situation. I am pretty sure that I was right that forcing the game to remove clothing items was coming into conflict with the clothing removal algorithm in Bliss.

On start-up of the game, I have been choosing a faster game speed, and it does seem to speed clothing removal. As the game progresses, I simply bring the level down a notch manually if I think it is moving too fast through the levels.

Don, does running the game speed higher than normal speed up clothing removal? (Less rolls of the dice for each item to be removed?) Or, is it my imagination?
Mick

Postby Don » Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:30 am

Hi,

Yes, choosing a faster game speed does speed up clothing removal.

Don
Don
Super Moderator

Postby Mick » Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:36 pm

Thanks - that easily solved a problem that I was complicating way too much. (g) (Oh, well, it was lots of fun experimenting.)

I think a good modification would be to put in a choice for clothing removal speed just like the choice for game speed. I'm thinking that many want the game to be ending with the last of the clothing removed, but some like to have the clothing items removed well before the end of the game so that about half of the actions are yet to come when all items are gone.

Thanks again - love the game.

PS - I'm still wondering, however, if when a player wears six items, will it take twice as long to remove all clothing items as if that player starts with only three items? Or, does the game compensate and speed up the removal when more items are worn at the start?
Mick

Postby Don » Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:51 pm

Mick wrote:PS - I'm still wondering, however, if when a player wears six items, will it take twice as long to remove all clothing items as if that player starts with only three items? Or, does the game compensate and speed up the removal when more items are worn at the start?

The game attempts to get both players undressed at about the same time. So the removal will be sped up if there are more items to be removed. However, some clothing items, such as high heels, garter belts and so forth are excluded from this on the assumption that they don't interfere with anything and are worn more as adornment than as clothing.

Don
Don
Super Moderator

Postby LXK8 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:34 am

Not to hijack this thread but what happens if one player is set to 'very slow' and the other is set to 'fast'???
I would assume that the 'very slow' player would lose clothing much slower.
Also, if that player was wearing say twice what the 'fast' player was, you could end up with one person nude and the other pretty much still overed up.
LXK8

Postby Don » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:28 am

LXK8 wrote:what happens if one player is set to 'very slow' and the other is set to 'fast'???
I would assume that the 'very slow' player would lose clothing much slower.
Also, if that player was wearing say twice what the 'fast' player was, you could end up with one person nude and the other pretty much still overed up.

Among doing other things, the game speed tells the game how fast it should take the player from how they are dressed at the start of the game to being nude. This is a certain number of turns that varies by game speed. So if a player is set to "very slow" the game will attempt to have that player nude in X number of turns. If they are wearing 6 items to start with, it will try to have them remove all 6 items in X turns, so it will average a removal every X/6 turns. If they are only wearing 2 items, it will still try to have them nude in the same time frame.

If one is set to very fast and the other to very slow, then the fast player will probably end up nude much faster.

Don
Don
Super Moderator

Postby Mick » Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:35 pm

Just a follow-up note. After I deleted the actions that were designed to force the game to remove clothing earlier, and I let the game's algorithm for clothing removal work as it was designed to do, it has had no problems with remembering what clothing remains to be removed. The one problem that remains, of course, is that there is limited control over at what level in the game all clothing should have been removed. The last time we played the game, the last item of clothing was not removed until we had been playing for several actions in Level 9.

IMHO, what would be ideal would be to be able to tell the game at what level all clothing should be removed. If Level 7 was chosen, for example, one the game moved up into that level, actions that remove clothing would be selected (by the game algorithm) until all clothing had been removed. This would have the advantage of working well for people whose goal is to see the last clothing items removed upon completion of the game at Level 9, and the advantage of working well for those of us who would like to go through the actions of Levels, say, 7-9 without clothing remaining.

Any idea about when something like this will be available? Is it something that can be incorporated into the game?

Thanks.
Mick

Return to Bug Reports