jBliss 1.6 for Max OSX won't start

Use this forum to report any bugs or other problems you might discover.

Moderator: Don

jBliss 1.6 for Max OSX won't start

Postby wworsham » Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:55 pm

Ran ok for a while, now all of a sudden, when I try to start it, the little heart just bounces and eventually it says it quit unexpectedly. I"ve deleted everything, updated the java to latest version, re downloaded the game, done a fresh install and restarted the computer all to no avail. Please help.

I know there are other threads on this but they seem to have been abandoned without resolution. Sorry for the dupe.
wworsham

Re: jBliss 1.6 for Max OSX won't start

Postby Don » Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:24 pm

Hi,

I have not found a Mac that this failure happens on, but I did find something that MIGHT help. If you want to give it a try and let me know the results I would appreciate it.

We need to replace the javaapplicationstub shipped with Bliss with the version that is on your computer. To do this, do the following:

• Open Finder, and browse (command+shift+G) to /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Resources/MacOS/
  • Copy the file "JavaApplicationStub" to the clipboard (command+C)
  • Now browse to the folder that contains Bliss.
  • Right-click the Bliss application, and select "Show Package Contents" to view the actual app files in the OS X app bundle.
  • Open the "Contents" subfolder, and then the "MacOS" folder.
  • Paste the "JavaApplicationStub" file from the keyboard to here, and accept the overwrite prompt. You may need to enter your password when prompted as necessary.

This will replace the Java ApplicationStub shipped with Bliss with the one installed on your computer with Java and it may solve the problem.

Thanks,

Don
Don
Super Moderator

Re: jBliss 1.6 for Max OSX won't start

Postby wworsham » Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:02 pm

Thanks Don. I was just about to log on and post my own update. I went to the apple site and manually downloaded the latest java version and that seems to have fixed the problem. From March 6th, 2011 I believe

I was using the Software Update and it wasn't showing and update for java, but it's there! Thanks again!
wworsham

Return to Bug Reports