Actions won't load on Mac

Use this forum to report any bugs or other problems you might discover.

Moderator: Don

Actions won't load on Mac

Postby camccarthy » Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:41 pm

I have a MacBook and for some reason, even though I am saving the files as .bjf files, they won't load to the Bliss game. I can't open them in the Action Editor. It says something about a Javascript error. Any ideas?
camccarthy

Re: Actions won't load on Mac

Postby Don » Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:48 am

Hi,

A javascript error is pretty unlikely since there is no Javascript in the game at all.

If you would like to send me the file that is not working I will try to reproduce the problem. It would also help if you could provide the actual text of the error message.

Thanks,

Don
Don
Super Moderator

Postby Honeys » Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:06 am

Bliss Error.jpg
Bliss error - opening action file on Mac
Bliss Error.jpg (15.79 KiB) Viewed 23263 times

I sometimes get the same thing trying to open some - but not all - of action files downloaded from the exchange. If I modify an action file on a Windows machine, and bring it over to the Mac, I get the same error.

I suspect this is the same error you're seeing? It's a Java error, not JavaScript. One area that's possibly causing the error could be line terminations. Unix and Mac use a different method to mark end-of-record in files than Windows does (or used to). Most newer apps seem to handle this elgantly w/o error now, but there's still a transalation to be done.
Honeys

Postby Don » Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:09 am

As long as it has been I doubt if anyone is still following this, but I have never been able to reproduce this bug.

If anyone has seen it, can you tell me the exact version of OS-X and the version of Java that you are using.

Thanks,

Don
Don
Super Moderator

Return to Bug Reports