Cannot Extract Update

Use this forum to report any bugs or other problems you might discover.

Moderator: Don

Cannot Extract Update

Postby mockdaddy » Mon Dec 05, 2005 9:32 pm

Just downloaded the bliss update. While extracting the zip file i get a message saying "This patch package could not be opened. Verify that the patch package exists and that you can access it, or contact the the application vendor to verify that this is a valid windows installer patch package"

Trying to update game version 1.1.2109.23021

Tried redownloading patch and recive the same response
mockdaddy

Postby Don » Wed Dec 07, 2005 10:37 am

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in replying. I have been on a family vacation at the Grand Canyon, and I have been unable to get to the net.

There have been several customers who have reported this, and I have not been able to duplicate it. The problem appears to involve the self extracting archive .exe file. It is actually a .zip file with self extracting code built in. It extracts the actual patch to a temp directory, and then attempts to run the patch. However, it seems that on some systems, Windows can't find the patch once it has been extracted.

I will place a .zip file without the self extracting code on the web site next week to avoid this problem. Until then, the easiest thing to do is to just download the full 1.2 version of the game and install it. None of your personal settings will be lost in this process.

Thanks,

Don
Don
Super Moderator

Return to Bug Reports