Not really a bug, not really a feature request

Use this forum to report any bugs or other problems you might discover.

Moderator: Don

Not really a bug, not really a feature request

Postby Tater » Sun May 21, 2006 10:01 am

I have Bliss, the DrD pack, and a couple add-ons from the Action Exchange. Some "problems" I've encountered:

Inconsistant Nomenclature:
Action writers are referrening same things with different names. Perhaps "Games For Loving" should create a "registry" of preferred terms.
For example I have found in various action files
"Love Beads" "Beads on String" "Anal Beads"
"Lube", "Lubricants"

This same issue occurs with nomenclature redundancy/overlap for Categories. A registry? An official list, all others go under "add-ons"?

To those who are new to the game: this is not a problem when using the actions included with Bliss, or when using Bliss with the Dr. D. Light add-on pack.

No support for equipement "OR":
Say you had two pieces of equipment:
Men's Tie or Pantyhose
Soft Rope.

A light bondage action could use either, but there is no "OR" for equipment -- and if you select both then you have to have both when either would do.
On the other hand if you list the equipment as "Mens Tie, Pantyhose or Soft Rope" it would cause a problem action was to blindfold. A tie or pantyhose would be OK but a rope would not.

I realize that the above OR issue could add considerable complexity to both action editor and game depending on existing code construction, but felt it warrented mention.
Later, Tater
Tater

Re: Not a bug/Not a feature request - Terminology

Postby Dr. D. Light » Thu May 25, 2006 12:19 am

Hello Group! 8)
I am going to briefly explain why sometimes in the actions it says 'lube' when the equipment/item list says "Lubricant" and/or "Lubricants". When Don and I are writing out actions, there is only a small space available. So - if the players are JR and Sue -- writing out "lubricant" isn't a big deal. However, if the players names are a lot longer - for example Mohammed and Janathavon then the space left for actions gets cut down, and the folks with the longer names won't see all of the instructions on the screen.

Don, has asked me to start a Dr. D. Light website (and I am working hard on getting it up and going - actually seeing light at the end of the tunnel) my plan is to include some Helpful Hints - such as definitions - "hickey" = a mark left behind from a 'love bite' caused by a partner sucking for an extended period of time on a body part - generally a neck, but can be left elsewhere on the body. And interchangeable wording...ie - Love Beads/Anal Beads/Beads on a String - these are specific beads that are purchased primarily for anal play. These are not the types of beads that a person would generally wear around their neck. For the purposes of the game, they may be simply called beads.

I realize that some terms are considered American Idioms. I would love to receive some feed back from other countries/areas about local idioms - for example, I know that in the UK, the term 'nickers' has a whole different meaning, than it does in the US. As do "napkin", "bonnet" and "boot" for example.

I hope this will help.

Dr. D. Light :P
May your relationship be full of Bliss and Delight!
Dr. D. Light

Postby Tater » Thu May 25, 2006 12:48 pm

Dr. D.

Thanks for your explanation. I had a more specific concern that I guess wasn't well stated.

When I talk about different names for the same thing, I meant to refer specifically to the equipment list. After adding several packs I now have:

_Lube
_Lubricant
_Beads on String
_Anal Beads
_Love Beads

So assume I buy Anal Beads. I would need to check three equipment items to make sure they were used by all applicable actions.
Not a huge problem to check all applicable items, but not elegant either.
Later, Tater
Tater

Re: Not a bug....

Postby Dr. D. Light » Thu May 25, 2006 9:03 pm

Tater,

What I will do for this upcoming add-on pack, is edit the equipment list so it will have Lubricant (Warming, Cooling, Flavord or Plain/Lube)
And Beads-on-a-String/Love Beads/Anal Beads
For clarification, I will also add Beads - Necklace type (and I may write some actions for those as well).

I am wondering what other packs you have, since I have only 1 available at the moment. (Starting the countdown for Add-On Pack 2).

Dr. D. Light

Tater wrote:Dr. D.

Thanks for your explanation. I had a more specific concern that I guess wasn't well stated.

When I talk about different names for the same thing, I meant to refer specifically to the equipment list. After adding several packs I now have:

_Lube
_Lubricant
_Beads on String
_Anal Beads
_Love Beads

So assume I buy Anal Beads. I would need to check three equipment items to make sure they were used by all applicable actions.
Not a huge problem to check all applicable items, but not elegant either.
May your relationship be full of Bliss and Delight!
Dr. D. Light

Postby Tater » Thu May 25, 2006 9:13 pm

The other packs (where the 'problem' originates, are those created by users and shared in the Action Exchange. Some of them are rather good. In any case, that's why I was careful to note the following in my original post:

To those who are new to the game: this is not a problem when using the actions included with Bliss, or when using Bliss with the Dr. D. Light add-on pack.

The issue boils down to folks working independantly making redundant equipment and category entries. That I why I made the suggestion of possibly creating a registry of sorts. If an author adds a piece of equipment, it goes into an "official list". Same with categories.

On the other hand that could quickly become a real nightmare.

All in all, it isn't a big problem, and not a problem at all for those who stick to the Bliss and D-Light packs.
Later, Tater
Tater

Return to Bug Reports