Mismatch between Action and Category editors

Use this forum to report any bugs or other problems you might discover.

Moderator: Don

Mismatch between Action and Category editors

Postby D&M » Fri May 26, 2006 7:21 am

I have got a situation where the categories available in the action editor do not match the categories in the profile/category editor. Some of the categories are missing from the action editor and others appear in the action editor that aren't in the profile/category editor. Don't know if this is a bug or whether I have done something wrong whilst using the action editor and downloaded actions form action exchange. Tried uninstalling and re-installing to no avail. How can I fix it?

Should just add that it is the "undressing" and "showing off" default groups that dont appear in the action editor (but are there in the profile/category editor) but a couple of the individual categories are there in the action editor ("Take off my partners clothing", "stripping" and "exotic dancing" do appear). Can't figure it out myself.
When I view some of the Basic Actions in action editor some are uncategorised (eg Basic Strip) as there is no visible category in the action editor for that Action.

Using version 1.4.0.28435

Grateful for any help

Thanks
D&M

Postby Don » Fri May 26, 2006 8:26 am

The mismatch that you are seeing is deliberate, and is part of the design of the game, but it can be a little hard to understand so I will do my best to explain it.

Lets take the case of exotic dancing as an example. In the Profile Editor, you are offered Exotic Dancing (clothed), Exotic Dancing (topless), and Exotic Dancing (Nude). The player can assign a value to each of these categories of actions.

Now suppose you are creating an action that calls for Exotic Dancing. You don't know when you write the action how the player is going to be dressed when the player gets that action. So all you are offered in the Action Editor is a single Exotic Danciing category. When the game plays, it sees that Exotic Dancing is set for the action, it then checks what the player is wearing, and replaces the generic Exotic Dancing with the appropriate version from the profile. So Exotic Dancing in an action will translate to Exotic Dancing (clothed), Exotic Dancing (topless), or Exotic Dancing (nude) depending on what the player is currently wearing.

The Stripping categories work exactly the same way.

Taking off clothes works in a similar automatic way. In the Profile you can specify six different levels of undressing. But in the Action Editor you can't specify undressing at all. The Basic Strip action that you describe illustrates this. If you click on the Subject Clothing tab, you will see that this action is marked as "This action will take off 1 item". So the action knows that player will be told to remove a clothing item. But you don't know when you write the action if that clothing item will be a pair of shoes or a pair of panties. So all you do is tell the game that the action will remove clothing. During play, the game will look at the action and at what the player is wearing. It will then decide what clothing item to ask the user to remove, and based on that, it will assign the action to one of the Undressing categories. So it is unnecessary to assign any action to undressing, instead you tell the game specifically what is being done from a clothing standpoint and it figures out the proper categories.

Now suppose that the action called for the player to dance seductively while removing the item of clothing. In that case it might be appropriate to check Exotic Dancing or Stripping, but that would depend on what was happening beside removing clothing, and you would still have to set the appropriate information in the subject clothing page.

Let me know if that makes sense, if you have any further questions, please let me know.

Thanks,

Don
Don
Super Moderator

Postby D&M » Fri May 26, 2006 8:38 am

Thanks for your very quick response.

Now I feel stupid for not working that out for myself! It's obvious really if you think about it. Hadn't quite appreciated how clever the programme(r) is!!

Shall play away happily now.
D&M

Return to Bug Reports