Exception in worker thread error

Use this forum to report any bugs or other problems you might discover.

Moderator: Don

Exception in worker thread error

Postby Peggy319 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:19 pm

I recently purchased a used laptop and installed Bliss on it. However when my husband and i tried to play it, we get an exception in worker thread error. Things start fine and we can make all selections, toys, clothes, etc., but this error pops up when we try to roll the dice. If I okay the error it just sits there. I can edit toys or clothing, but I cannot roll. This was very frustrating to discover as we were ready to play. I hope that you can help me figure out what is going on and get it fixed. This laptop runs XP and is newer than my previous laptop and that one ran Bliss just fine. If you need any more info just let me know. Thanks for your help.
Attachments
Bliss Error.png
Bliss Error.png (646.32 KiB) Viewed 23112 times
Peggy319

Re: Exception in worker thread error

Postby Don » Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:12 pm

That error indicates a sound card problem.

We have seen it on a couple of other systems but have never been able to track down exactly what causes it. It seems to be related to sound card drivers and it has sometimes been fixed by updating sound card drivers.

We are working on a new sound implementation for the next product release that we hope will be more able to deal with different sound cards.

Don
Don
Super Moderator

Postby Peggy319 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:42 am

That could be my problem. For some reason the sound does not work on this laptop and I have not been able to figure out what the problem is. Thanks again for your help.
Peggy319

Postby Atom » Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:49 am

I have had the same problem when I RDP to a Windows machine from my iPad and play the game.

To fix the issue I RDP back into the same machine within the RDP session and it all works fine. (The machine I RDP into is a Windows 2000 server and I use Mocha RDP Lite as my RDP client on the iPad)
Atom

Return to Bug Reports