Can't download at all

Use this forum to report any bugs or other problems you might discover.

Moderator: Don

Can't download at all

Postby bgfraser » Sat Dec 17, 2005 12:14 pm

It used to be that a bad file was on the download page (http://www.gamesforloving.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3).
Now I can't even get to the download!
When I try to do that, I am asked for a password. I tried entering my own username and password, but it just cycles back to the same screen.
This is s-o-o-o frustrating!
bgfraser

Postby Don » Sat Dec 17, 2005 1:33 pm

Hi,

I just checked the website, somthing has gone wrong at my ISP. I am trying to get in touch with them now to correct this.

Don
Don
Super Moderator

Postby Don » Sat Dec 17, 2005 1:47 pm

Hi all,

My ISP made some changes without telling me and it messed up downloads.

They are fixed now.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Don
Don
Super Moderator

Postby bgfraser » Sat Dec 17, 2005 4:35 pm

Don,

Thanks for your incredibly quick work!
The download link seems to be working again. That is, it starts alright. I'm at home now, and I'll have to wait until I'm back at the public library to download the broadband version to know for sure. (Yes, I know I could go for the smaller version, but you've taken the care to prepare the full version, and that's what I'd like to try.)

I've downloaded it several times over the last couple of months, and have never got it install on my home computer. Every time, there seems to be one or more bits that didn't record properly, and it hangs. Sometimes I can't even copy it from the CD-RW I bring back home, onto my hard drive. I think the best way to monitor this will be to do a test install on the library computer immediately after downloading. There's no problem with the library about this: rebooting the machine instantly wipes out all changes made by the user, and restores the system to its original state.

Thanks again.

Yours truly
Bruce Fraser
bgfraser

Postby Don » Sat Dec 17, 2005 5:42 pm

Sorry for the difficulties.

If you want to, you can order a CD which contains the complete High Quality version along with the .net framework. The CD is $10.00 including shipping.

If you are interested, go to http://www.gamesforloving.com, click on the Buy Now button, and choose to order the demo version on CD. It will arrive in about 5 days, and you are free to distribute it, copy it, etc.

I added the CD to help out those customers without access to broadband connections. The version on the CD is still just the demo version, you need a license code to convert it to the full version.

Don
Don
Super Moderator

Postby bgfraser » Thu Dec 22, 2005 2:19 pm

Don,
I'm back at the public library this week. Everything seems to be working fine now.
Thanks for your help!

Yours truly,
Bruce Fraser
bgfraser

Return to Bug Reports