Windows 8 install issue

Use this forum to report any bugs or other problems you might discover.

Moderator: Don

Windows 8 install issue

Postby IEutahlovers » Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:54 pm

I have just migrated to a Windows 8 machine and just got around to checking if "Bliss" would work on install. It does, but has no Actions or anything. On opening up the Action Editor, I noticed Bliss is running from "Users\%user_name%\appdata\Roaming\Games for Loving\Bliss\Actions". I've installed to C:\Program Files (x86)

I don't see how to "point" Bliss to look in it's home folder for items through an *.dll or other config file. Any ideas on how I can point to the install location vs. the running location?
IEutahlovers

Re: Windows 8 install issue

Postby Don » Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:06 pm

The folder listed there ("Users\%user_name%\appdata\Roaming\Games for Loving\Bliss\Actions") is where the Action Files need to be located. Apparently the installer didn't put them there. If you copy the .bjf files there it should work fine.

Don
Don
Super Moderator

Postby IEutahlovers » Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:14 pm

Wow, that was a fast response :D

I just was reading through some of your documentation and came across this....
Bliss looks for action files in two directories. They are both called Actions. The first is located wherever the game
was installed (typically c:\Program Files\Games for Loving\Bliss). The second is in the users AppData\Roaming
folder (typically C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\GamesForLoving\Bliss\Actions. The game will load all
action files from both directories and shuffle all of the actions together so that they will appear in a random order
during the game. Generally only the default action files will be in the Program Files directory

from your Bliss Action Editor Manual.pdf file

I did just copy the action files over and things seemed to work for a sample game.....hoping we can play for real tonight? :D
Thanks again for the quick response.
IEutahlovers

Postby Don » Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:24 pm

I am not sure why it isn't pulling the files from the Program Files folder. It may be a 32 / 64 bit issue.

Anyway, that seems to have fixed it. I will see if I can figure out why it happened.

Don
Don
Super Moderator

Postby IEutahlovers » Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:57 pm

Just noticed I don't have any profiles in either place? Maybe I need to create some?
IEutahlovers

Return to Bug Reports