Resume Game disappears on iPhone App

Use this forum to report any bugs or other problems you might discover.

Moderator: Don

Resume Game disappears on iPhone App

Postby rws » Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:24 pm

We used to be able to stop in a game midway, and then come back and open it and Resume Game. Now when we re-open the App, there is no Resume Game option. What happened? I believe this may have started after and Apple update, but not sure.
rws

Re: Resume Game disappears on iPhone App

Postby Ivo » Mon May 05, 2014 4:33 pm

I see no one has replied and I'm not an expert on this, but the first thing I'd try is re-installing bliss to see if that fixes the problem.

If not then I'd send a pm to Don or Dave
Ivo

Re: Resume Game disappears on iPhone App

Postby DaveBliss » Mon May 05, 2014 7:06 pm

The Resume Game feature is only available while the game is loaded in your iPhone. Often when you close Bliss and then reopen it the game is still loaded in the background, and so the Resume Game feature is available. However in some cases, such as when you run several (or even just a few memory-intensive) apps after closing Bliss, the iPhone will stop Bliss from being loaded in the background. In that case it starts from scratch and so the Resume Game option isn't available.

It's quite possible that this behavior changed after an Apple update, since updates can change the way they manage memory, which could cause Bliss to get unloaded more easily/frequently when it's in the background.

We've considered a "save game" feature which would automatically save the game when you close Bliss so that the Resume Game feature will always be available whether the iPhone stopped running Bliss or not. However due to the large amount of data that Bliss keeps track of during a game, this isn't a simple feature to add. It's on our list of desired features, and hopefully we'll manage it at some point.
DaveBliss

Return to Bug Reports