Problems with Appending stock actions

Use this forum to report any bugs or other problems you might discover.

Moderator: Don

Problems with Appending stock actions

Postby KTMC » Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:24 pm

I have a possible bug to report...or it may just be a programming choice that turns out to be highly inconvenient to me personally (which might as well be a bug as far as I'm concerned :wink:).

I've just purchased the Bliss app for iPhone and the Action Editor. I am reviewing the basic actions and want to tweak them a bit to better suit my skittish spouse's comfort levels. There are some I'll want to just tweak a little, a few I'll want to rewrite, and some that I'll want to suppress entirely.

I understand that, while the BasicActions.bjf file cannot be edited, all this can be achieved by creating a new action file with a higher priority, and adding actions to it that have the same names as the ones in BasicActions.

By far the easiest way for me to do this would be to create a new file, import the basic actions into it using Append File, delete the ones I don't need to change (the vast majority of them), and then edit the remaining ones I do wish to change. I tried doing just this, and it appeared to work, even though deleting actions via the keyboard was glichy. (Sometimes the Delete key didn't work, sometimes Ctrl-D didn't work either; it seemed unpredictable. Is this a known issue?)

But when I saved and quit, and then tried to resume the job later, I discovered that the Action Editor had somehow changed the work-in-progress action file to READ ONLY.

Not only that, but when I went to open the new action file in the game, I discovered that the file had also been switched back to Priority 0, and its Description returned to the one for BasicActions.bjf. (This remained true whether or not I'd already tried to reopen the file in the Action Editor...so I believe the switch is taking place upon saving.)

I got the same result whether I was Appending the BasicActions.bjf file that I pulled off my i-device or the one that came with the Windows demo, and no matter how I named/renamed either the new file or the copy of BasicActions.bjf that I was appending from.

Can this possibly be fixed? Or could you possibly provide me with a copy of the basic actions file that hasn't been set to READ ONLY and won't flip back to it, if I promise to leave the one that's actually in the game alone?

P.S. When I try using the Filter function in the Action Editor, it only allows me to filter by Situation. It would be highly useful to also be able to filter in other ways--this would often be more helpful than using Sort, for several reasons--but I don't see an option to do so. Am I missing something?
KTMC

Re: Problems with Appending stock actions

Postby Don » Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:10 am

Hi,

I just checked this and the bug is reproducible just as you say it is. I will add this to the fix list for the next build.

Fortunately there is an easy work around.

Open the Action Editor
    Open (not Append) the Basic Actions File
    Select Save As and save it under a different name

The new file will now be an editable copy of the Basic Actions File.

Thanks,

Don
Don
Super Moderator

Postby KTMC » Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:40 am

That workaround works just fine. Thank you. I can't imagine why I hadn't thought to try that.

I am experiencing another issue with the Action Editor. It does not allow me to Insert new Categories, Situations, Equipment, or Player States, even when I'm starting with a new file. Could this be because I'm using the Windows version of the game in Trial Mode (since, as a Bliss for iPhone user, I purchased the Action Editor separately)?

Also, I had a question about the basic actions. I noticed that there are a number of them that have no Categories set. (Examples: Child Toy, Hand Kiss, Motherly Kiss, Naked Food.) Was it set up this way on purpose?
KTMC

Postby Don » Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:51 am

Hi,

I checked out the Action Editor running with the game in Trial mode and I didn't see any issues.

It may not be obvious how to use the custom items dialogs. You need to browse the existing categories to see where you want to enter your new category, then type the name of the new category. Once you have entered the name, the buttons to insert and so forth will become available.

Some of the Basic Actions are so basic they don't need a category. These are "level 0" actions that are so mild they don't need any profile entries.

Don
Don
Super Moderator

Postby KTMC » Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:10 pm

*smacks head*

Oh! I didn't think to try typing in the Name box first. Yes, it lets me Insert once I do that. I guess I had thought that the Insert button worked more like the Insert Action command. Thanks for the help.

Thanks for the answer to the question as well. I wasn't sure what was a design choice and what was a glitch (with a whopping 820 actions, there will always be a few of the latter--one I just spotted, for instance, is that the Honey/Syrup/Sauce Equipment is not specified for ClitLick2).

I really appreciate the fact that you made the game so customizable with the Action Editor. The Naked Food action, for instance, is probably "level 0" for some, but for us I think it will be better to tag it with "Sexual Likes & Dislikes".
KTMC

Return to Bug Reports