Great game - general (not necesarily bug) question

Use this forum to report any bugs or other problems you might discover.

Moderator: Don

Great game - general (not necesarily bug) question

Postby ghostrider » Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:59 pm

I recently downloaded the trial game and we took a test drive which we thoroughly enjoyed. My question is if the "having sex" actions ever come out during game play? We played for a loooooong time and never saw any of those actions. I realize the game is about building anticipation, etc. and whatever happens ultimately is up to you, but sometimes it would be fun to get to the "action" sooner. As a test, we both set our starting levels at 9 and edited our profiles so that every action was at a level 10 except for the "having sex" actions which we set at level 4. The game still never managed to cough up any of those actions. Is this something that is locked out in the trial version? I'm curious to find out the answer to this and see examples of the dialogue of the actions in that category before I buy. Thanks and keep up the good work on the game!
ghostrider

Postby Don » Wed Jan 11, 2006 9:20 am

Hi,

You ask a very interesting question.

As the game was being developed, we had a team of testers who provided beta testing and general review of the game. One of the issues that came up is that many of the testers and other users prefered to have the game limited to what is generally considered "foreplay", and leave the actual intercourse activities to ths couple to complete on their own. After polling our early customers, that was the overwhelming preferences of the customers. So the actions in the basic game do not include intercourse. What we generally hear is that "we played for about 40 minutes, then lost interest in the game and went for it"

However, we recognize that other couples would prefer to have the game go "all the way". Thus we decided to let add-on packs provide that for those who want the game to go there. There is currently one add-on pack available, which includes a large number of intercourse and other more intense actions than those in the basic game.

There are also other add-on packs under development. Beside action packs, the action editor makes it possible to add any sort of action you want to the game. In fact, the add-on packs are written using the action-editor.

So to answer you question, the basic game does not include intercourse at all currently, there is no "lock-out" in the demo version, that is just the way it is.

Your question has intrigued me enough that I am adding a Poll to the forum on this topic.

Thanks,

Don
don@gamesforloving.com
Don
Super Moderator

Follow up questions

Postby ghostrider » Wed Jan 11, 2006 5:05 pm

Don,

Thanks, I'm very impressed by your prompt response to the users on this forum. I guess I will have to try out the action editor and add ons.

Two new questions:
1. If I purchase licenses for Bliss and the action editor, will those licenses work if I install the programs on both my PC and laptop?
2. You offer a $10 discount for ordering Bliss and the editor together, but I don't see that same discount for downloading the two licenses together. Is there any way you can offer that discount for the downloads also? (Or is the bundle you offer a download? It wasn't clear if that was a ship by mail CD or a download.)

Thank you.
ghostrider

Postby Don » Wed Jan 11, 2006 5:13 pm

To answer you licensing questions:

1. A license is issued to a couple, not to a computer. When you purchase a license, you specify the first names of the male and female player. These names are not changable and are used throughout the game. Thus, a license can be used by only one couple, but it can be used on as many computers as you want to install it on.

2. The only thing we sell are license keys. The game itself is always downloaded from the web. So the bundled package is for two license keys, one for the game itself and one for the action editor. The license key activate the software that is already present in the downloaded version. Thus, the item listed on our order page is already what you are asking for, it is two license keys. You must still either download the software itself from the web page or order it on a CD, but in either case you still neeed the license key.

Since you obviously already have the demo version, all you need is the keys to activate it fully.

Thanks,

Don
Don
Super Moderator

Return to Bug Reports