1.5 upgrade problem with windows media player

Use this forum to report any bugs or other problems you might discover.

Moderator: Don

1.5 upgrade problem with windows media player

Postby canucks » Sat Sep 02, 2006 1:15 pm

I downloaded the upgrade to 1.5, however, everytime I try to install the upgrade I receive an error message saying that I have "windows media player 0 and must have windows media player 9 or higher". I actually have Windows Media Player 10 and I even followed the link to download and reinstall Windows Media Player 10 and came up with the same issue. How do I fix this?
canucks

Postby Don » Mon Sep 04, 2006 8:40 am

Hi,

I have Media Player version 10 installed as well and it is working fine. The installer actually checks for a registry key to see which version of Media Player is installed. It sounds like that Key is not installed on your system for some reason. I would be very interested to hear if anyone else has had a similar problem.

If you can tell me exactly what version of Media Player is installed I will write a little .reg file to put the correct key in the registry to allow the install to proceed.

Thanks,

Don
Don
Super Moderator

version installed

Postby canucks » Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:17 pm

I have installed Version 10.00.00.4036
It also has a product ID if you need that as well.
Would work to uninstall window's media player and reinstall?
canucks

Postby Don » Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:35 pm

Hi,

This is very odd, you have exactly the same release of media player that I do.

I have attached a small zip file to this message. It has a .reg file in it that adds two registry keys to your registry. All you should need to do is unzip the zip file and double click on the .reg file.

Let me know if it fixes the problem.

Thanks,

Don
Attachments
MediaPlayer.zip
(321 Bytes) Downloaded 1120 times
Don
Super Moderator

problem still exsists

Postby canucks » Wed Sep 06, 2006 5:12 pm

I tried to use the attached file and I still have the same problem. I am discovering that I can't un-install wmp 10. I also tried to download the full version and install that rather than the patch and encountered the same problem. Any other suggestions?
canucks

Postby Don » Thu Sep 07, 2006 7:06 am

Canucks,

I would suggest we talk by phone when you are at your computer and maybe we can see what is going on here.

Please send me an email or a PM with your phone number and a time when you can be reached and we will see if we can resolve this.

Thanks,

Don
Don
Super Moderator

sounds like a Microsoft error

Postby wolfepakt » Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:46 pm

I used to be tech support for MS and that sounds like a WMP problem not a Bliss problem.

You may need to call (or confrence perhaps) with Windows Tech support at some time!
Troy
Wanna get back at forum spammers? Redirect them to www.bannedforspamming.com
wolfepakt

Re: 1.5 upgrade problem with windows media player

Postby sandara » Sat Jun 06, 2009 3:21 am

Why is windows media player telling me to get another brand of cd? On a mac trying to burn an audio cd from windows media player, and it ejects my cd telling me to slow the burn speed(which I did) or to use a different brand of disk. I am using sony disks? Please help me burn! Should I not be using windows media player or should I buy different cds after I spend all my money on the sony ones?

Return to Bug Reports