unable to upgrade to 1.5.2

Use this forum to report any bugs or other problems you might discover.

Moderator: Don

unable to upgrade to 1.5.2

Postby dbwebb » Tue Sep 26, 2006 12:51 am

After receiving the notice to upgrade, I tried and was given an error message, not allowing me to complete the upgrade. the error message was as follows: "Internal error 2755. 1642, C:\WINDOWS\Installer\7d2ba.msi"

What do I need to do in order to upgrade?
dbwebb

Postby Don » Tue Sep 26, 2006 6:38 am

Hi,

This error indicates that the version of the game currently installed on the system is incompatible with the upgrade patch. The upgrade patch is supposed to work with versions 1.4.0 or 1.5.0. This message indicates that the system has something else installed before the install begins. However, some customers have reported seeing it even when the correct version was already installed.

In any case, the work around is fairly siimple. You will have to download the full 1.5.2 install, which means you wil have to uninstall your current version of Bliss. The uninstaller should leave your license files intact so that when you install the new version it will be licensed. However, it is a good idea to back them up by copying them to the desktop or to a temporary directory.

The license files are named Bliss.Board.Lic and Bliss.ActionEditor.Lic. They are located in the directory where Bliss is installed, which is usually C:\Program Files\Games for Loving\Bliss.

So the procedure would be:

1. Download the 1.5.2 install.
2. Backup the license files.
3. Uninstall the older version.
4. Install version 1.5.2.
5. Replace the license files if necessary (it should not be necessary).

Thanks,

Don
Don
Super Moderator

Return to Bug Reports