Action Editor - Propery Owned

Use this forum to report any bugs or other problems you might discover.

Moderator: Don

Action Editor - Propery Owned

Postby Rich » Tue Sep 26, 2006 6:29 am

I am trying to write some actions specific to landing on your patner property, but have noticed this problem:
I write an action that the subject must perform something when landing on partners property, for instance doctors office.
I select only doctors office on the general screen and select partner must own doctors office in the property owned screen.
I have found if both the subject and partner own a doctors office, when you land on you own square, or even when you first improve a property
the game will not recognize who's doctor's office it is.
For example: my action may say "subject, you landed on partners doctors office, you perform this task"
if my partner already owns a doctors office I may receive this action as soon as I build a doctor's office, even though I am on the
property I just improved.
Any way to fix this or am I missing an option when setting up the action
Thanks
Rich

Postby Don » Tue Sep 26, 2006 6:42 am

Rich,

You are misunderstanding the purpose of the Subject must own or Partner must own fields. These are intended for use on squares unrelated to the actual property. For instancde, they are used a lot in the "Court" square to allow things like you are charged with doing ... in your Doctors Office. So they are valid anytime that player owns that type of property anywhere on the board.

When a player lands on a property owned by their partner, they are given a choice to "work" or to "pay". If they choose "work" the action for that property is run with the player that landed there as the Subject. Otherwise the action is run with the player that landed there as the Partner. So for Dr. Office actions, the Subject is always the Doctor. and the Partner is always the patient.

Let me know if this clarifies things.

Don
Don
Super Moderator

Postby Rich » Tue Sep 26, 2006 7:02 am

That does clarify things,

Is there a way in the action editor to specify an action should only be used when the subject selects the "work" option during game play?

What I am attempting to do is only have the action come up when the subject lands on the partner's property.

By the way, that was one quick response, thank you.
Rich

Postby Don » Tue Sep 26, 2006 7:14 am

Sorry, but there is no way to cause an action to run only if you land on your partners property. A property based action can run regardless of which player landed on the property.

Don
Don
Super Moderator

Return to Bug Reports